On-screen disasters provide vital lessons
- The book of virtuals. Pape, William R. // Inc.;1997 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p26
Presents an interview with authors Jessica Lipnack and Jeffrey Stamps. Their thoughts on virtual teams.
- Virtual reality hits scheduling. Phair, Matthew // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/11/95, Vol. 235 Issue 24, p15
Reports on the integration of virtual reality (VR) into the building process. Combining two-dimensional CAD drawings to create 3D models; Construction firms using VR models; Price range for VR systems.
- Engineering enters the virtual world. Gottschalk, Mark A. // Design News;5/9/94, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p23
Discusses the industrial applications of virtual reality (VR) technology. Computer aided design (CAD) and training/simulation as the fastest growing areas of VR; Adoption of VR by the automotive industry; Reason for the slow pace of adoption of VR technology; Comment by David Edwards, principal...
- Engineering enters the virtual world. Gottschalk, Mark A.; Machlis, Sharon // Design News;11/7/94, Vol. 50 Issue 21, p52
Discusses various industrial applications of virtual reality (VR) technology. Companies on pilot VR programs; Modeling; Impact on design process; Effect on development costs; VR testing; VR assembly; Comparison with computer aided drafting (CAD) systems; Applications; Forecast on the future of...
- Virtual training. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/29/96, Vol. 144 Issue 5, p25
Reports on the development of a virtual reality and artificial intelligence system for scenario-based training. Applications; Cost issue; Expectations.
- Roll-through blueprints. Krumenaker, Larry; Antonoff, Michael // Popular Science;May94, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p48
Discusses the Wheelchair VR system which enables an architect to take a wheelchair for s spin through a building before the structure is built, and determine if the building will be wheelchair-friendly. Use of virtual reality; Development by John Trimble of Prairie Virtual Systems; Equipment...
- Virtual reality gets real. McNatt, Robert // Crain's New York Business;11/15/93, Vol. 9 Issue 46, p3
Reports on efforts to apply virtual reality (VR) technology on businesses. Creation of computer generated environments; Sega Enterprise's home VR game plan; Profitability of VR technology; Immersive type of VR; Interaction with computer generated images on screens or through glasses; Maxus...
- Is virtual reality real? // Nature;10/28/1993, Vol. 365 Issue 6449, p772
Reports on the meeting by the United States Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers intended to help endow virtual reality with professional clothes. Roots of virtual reality; Ambitions of true virtual relationists; Virtual reality as link between psychology and computer science.
- Toward the virtual factory. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/24/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 4, p13
Emphasizes the use of feature-based solid prototypes modeling and process simulation systems by US industries to achieve global excellence as expressed by the National Center for Manufacturing Sciences, Ann Arbor, Michigan.