- Young and Angry. // Newsweek Global;1/30/2015, Vol. 164 Issue 4, p8
The article offers information on the protest of demonstrators against the government of Peru due to the reform in the labor law in the country on January 15, 2015.
- Labour riot down under. Weissman, Robert; Mokhiber, Russell // Multinational Monitor;Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the demonstrations on August 19, 1996 in the Australian capital of Canberra in protest of anti-labor union legislation and an austerity budget. Description of the demonstrations; Belief that the legislation is meant to remove collective bargaining; Effect of the announced budget on...
- THE RIGHTS OF SPRING. Hutchinson, Gunn Strand // Community Care;5/8/2003, Issue 1471, p43
Reports on the demonstration for fair workers rights of people with learning disabilities in Nordland, Norway on May 1, 2003. Discriminatory practices experienced by employees with learning disabilities; Purposes of the demonstration;Average salary given to employees with learning disabilities.
- May Day, Here and Abroad. // Progressive;Jul2011, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p11
The article presents several photographs of protestors, protesting for the labor and immigration rights in the U.S. on May Day.
- Paris Retailers Cope With Protests. // FN: Footwear News;4/3/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the impact of nationwide protests to a proposed labor law on the operations of retail stores in France in April 2006. According to Sarah Lerfel, buyer for Colette, many of its staff think they will not be able to get to work and it is the same for the customers. However,...
- Hoffa leads Teamsters rally at Missouri Capitol for workers' rights. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;5/5/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 40, p3
The article reports on the protest of Teamsters lead by their president Jim Hoffa against anti-worker legislation held at the state Capitol in Jefferson City, Missouri in May 2011.
- New life for labor. DIONNE, JR., E.J. // Moderate Voice;9/3/2013, p7
The article offers information on the protest by the laborers in the U.S. over wage disparities. It states that the protests have the benefit of putting low-wage workers in the media spotlight. It mentions that the fast-food campaign feeds into efforts to hike the current 7.25 dollars-an-hour...
- Southern Europe's productivity problem. Appleton, Scott // In-House Perspective;Apr2012, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p7
The article focuses on public protests across Europe against the proposed changes to national labor and employment laws. It informs that the changes were supported by business groups and lawyers, but the protests were not only about reducing workers' rights, they were aimed at increasing...
- A GALLIC LABOR DAY. JAMES, ALISON // Daily Variety;3/29/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 64, p31
The article reports on the mass demonstrations against the proposed labor-law changes in France. It discusses the impact of the mass demonstrations on French media and the showbiz industry. Theaters and restaurants reported sluggish business in Paris. The article also reports on the media...