- GUIDELINES FOR VISUALS. Anderson, Ronald H. // Training & Development Journal;Dec79, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p30
Gives advice on designing visual materials for training courses. Factors that should be considered by course developers in planning and designing the materials; Advantages provided by visual materials to training programs.
- Getting the most from training videos. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p66
Presents tips on using training videos effectively. Includes customizing; Describing the benefits and main points; Follow up.
- Lite tools. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p67
Features icebreaker videotapes featuring actor Tim Conway. `Mr. Tudball, Technology Trainer'; `Interviewing: A Pain in the Gut'; `May I Present'.
- What things cost. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Jan96, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the cost of training videos for employees. Cost of customized videos; Fees for independent producers.
- TRAINING FILMS SHOWCASE. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1979, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p36
Presents audio-visual materials on employee training. Engineering of agreement; Preventive discipline; Stress management.
- HR as producer-director. Luest, Helga // HR Magazine;Aug1996, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p82
Gives advice on the use of the training video to increase information retention and motivate employees to respond. Purpose of the video project; Budget; Identification of message and content considerations.
- The power of multimedia games. Feldstein, Michael; Kruse, Kevin // Training & Development;Feb98, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p62
Assesses the possibility of using computer-based games during employee training. Trainers use of television games shows such as `Jeopardy,' `Wheel of Fortune,' and `Family Feud'; Ways in selecting a good custom instructional game developer; Benefits given to trainees.
- Midlife crisis TV just isn't funny. // Personnel Today;5/7/2002, p62
Focuses on the role of television comedian Ricky Gervais in a corporate training video.
- Learning Through On-the-Job Training. Rosenberg, Paul // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Feb2001 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p78
Focuses on the use of on-the-job training following a basic project-management guidelines. Explosion of growth in the voice/data/video market; Impact of on-the-job training on job movement and the avoidance of missing deadlines; Suggestion for better accomplishment of tasks. INSET: What You...