Employment law checklist
- EMPLOYMENT LAW ADVICE. // Commercial Motor;10/20/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5455, p30
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law including the definition of collective amenities, the qualifying period of agency workers, and the definition of basic working conditions.
- Employment law myths exposed. // Computer Weekly;7/29/2008, p24
The article introduces an article by lawyers Anna West and Adam Rice about workplace rights, which can be read on www.computerweekly.com.
- Cover your back. James, Lisa // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;5/5/2003, Issue 1666, p66
Reports on the British government's plan to introduce workplace laws to make it more difficult for employees to take their employers to Employment Tribunals. Increase in the number of claims made for discrimination or unfair dismissal against employers in the country; Tightening of rules on how...
- MALAYSIA. // Accountancy;Mar1997, Vol. 119 Issue 1243, p83
Reports on the introduction of the Dignity at Work bill in the British House of Lords. Provisions of the bill; Purpose of counteracting bullying at work.
- Events that shook the world of work. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;3/13/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 76, p12
Offers information on twenty events and developments that dramatically changed the workplace, including guilds, labor laws and currency.
- IN A NUTSHELL. // Supervision;Jul2012, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p22
The article summarizes legal aspects of workplace altercations and advises supervisors on employment law, collective bargaining agreements that require just cause for employee termination, and policies to follow when investigating workplace confrontations.
- Caribbean Basin Initiative: setting labor standards. Charnovitz, Steve // Monthly Labor Review;Nov84, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on the labor standards of the Caribbean Basin Initiative. Government protection of unions from harassment and nonrecognition by employers; Analysis of workplace conditions; Benefits and costs of promoting labor rights.
- When welcome conduct becomes unwelcome. Zachary, Mary-Kathryn // Supervision;Sep97, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p16
Presents examples of labor law cases on sexual harassment in the workplace. Female employee's decision to discontinue consensual repartee with male employee; Female employee's own behavior found to cause sexually directed comments from her co-workers; Question as to what standard to apply in...
- 'These regulations will provide employees with the right to be informed about the business' economic situation; and informed and consulted about employment prospects'. Fanning, Sue // Motor Transport;1/20/2005, p11
Presents information on the European National Information and Consultation Directive, a legislation concerning employers and employees, to be introduced on April 6, 2005 in Great Britain. Category of organizations that will be affected by the regulation; Guidelines for a pre-existing...