Self-knowledge to lift career spirits
- Workplace wellness takes center stage at NECA institute. // Counseling Today;Jul2011, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p45
The article offers information about the 2011 National Employment Counseling Association (NECA) Summer Institute to be held in Annapolis, Maryland on August 16.
- Me, For a Change. Leonard, Mary Margaret; Tanney, Mary Faith; Hill, Clara E.; Clancy, Linda Birckhead // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Apr78, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p507
Describes 'Me, for a Change,' a workshop designed to help women examine their achievement needs in the vocational and career areas. Participants' reflection upon their interests, capabilities, vocational fantasies and the imagined and real impediments to achieving their goals; Difficulties...
- `Masonry' camp builds bridges between designers, workers. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/14/97, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on a masonry training camp held by the International Masonry Institute (IMI) on a remote island off the coast of Maine. Comments from IMI president Joan Baggett; Number of attendees; Incorporation of load-bearing masonry in designs for townhouse development; Remarks from several...
- Connected Care Quotient (CCQ) and the Future of Nursing. Skiba, Diane J. // Nursing Education Perspectives (National League for Nursing);Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p345
The article discusses the highlights of the meetings held by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundations (RWJF) Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action, the Committee for the Evaluation of the Impact of the Institute of Medicine Report from May to July 2015. Topics covered include the barriers to...
- Employment Calendar. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/10/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p18
A calendar of job and career related events for Michigan in May 2010 is presented which includes the Planning Your Own Business workshop, the Diversity/Professional Job Fair and the Mega Job Fair.
- Youth to explore healthcare career options, tour colleges. Jordan, Susan // Empty Closet;Mar2013, Issue 465, p30
The article offers information on the series of workshops that will be held by Youth Group in March 2013 to inform the youth of the many options for healthcare careers.
- Local business talent team up to present Workplace 2000. Oken, Doreen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/17/2000, Issue 322604, p1
Highlights Workplace 2000, a one-day workshop for human resource managers and supervisors in Fresno, California. Role of the Employment Development Department and the Human Resource Association of Central California in the creation of the workshop; Schedule and venue of the workshop; Topics to...
- Professional Development Calendar. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p100
A calendar of professional development events for the US area in 2008 is presented including Comprehensive Leadership for Senior-Level Executives, Managing Healthcare Facility Design and Construction Programs, and Strategic Planning: From Formulation to Action.
- Education Questions. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;3/18/2002, Issue 83, p23
Focuses on the plans of the government to promote vocational examinations in Northern Ireland. Seminars and workshops for school staff and agencies; Allocation of budget; Distribution of posters and fact sheets.