A song for Europe
- Get ready for the 'European' corporation. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 22 Issue 127, p29
Reports on the approval of a European Company Statute by the European Union Council of Ministers in December 2000. Proposed establishment of a European company category called Societas Europaea; Option for companies operating in more than one European Union state to be established as a single...
- EU dumps PRC `non-market' classification. Weeks, Ann M. // China Business Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p4
Reports that the Foreign Ministerial Council of the European Union (EU) decided in April 1997 to accept the EU Commission's December 1997 proposal to remove China's non-market economy' designation in dumping cases against the country. View of the members of the World Trade Organization;...
- The Treaty of Nice and qualified majority voting. Felsenthal, Dan S.; Machover, Mosh� // Social Choice & Welfare;2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p431
We analyse and evaluate three decision rules for the Council of Ministers of the EU, which are prescribed by the `definitive form' of the Treaty of Nice. The first will apply from 2005 to the present 15-member EU, if it will not have been enlarged by then. The second or third will apply to an...
- Industry slams EC's plans to ban operators doing digitachs analysis. // Motor Transport;2/6/2012, p6
The article reports that the European Union (EU) Council of Transport Ministers and transport industry organizations opposed the proposal of the European Commission (EC) to ban operators from performing their own digital tachograph analysis in 2012.
- EU's FP7 budget agreed, almost. // Outlook on Science Policy;May2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p53
The article reports on the indication that final budget for the European Union's (EU) Seventh Framework Programme of Research and Technological Development has now been agreed. At the beginning of the year, fears that final research budget would see only a modest increase. Now, it appears that...
- Framework deal boosts life sciences... Abbott, Alison // Nature;11/26/1998, Vol. 396 Issue 6709, p294
Focuses on an agreement reached over financing for the European Union's fifth Framework programme of research (FP5). How the programs will be funded; Delay in the program's launch due to the failure of the Council of Ministers and the European Parliament to agree on the level and mechanism of...
- EU paves way for complete post liberalisation by 2010. Rubach, Emma // Precision Marketing;5/17/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p3
Reports that a directive will be adopted by the European Council of Ministers to pave the way for complete liberalization of postal services within the European Union countries. Information on the European Directive on Postal Services; Percentage of the liberalized market by 2006.
- Tyre sector scuppers EC carbon black duties. Raleigh, Patrick // European Rubber Journal;May2003, Vol. 185 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the ruling of the European Union Council of Ministers on the proposal of the European Commission (EC) to impose anti-dumping duties on Egyptian and Russian carbon black producers. Background on the EC proposal; Information on an anti-dumping complaint filed by the European Chemical...
- In search of direction. Gopal, Kevin // Pharmaceutical Executive;Aug98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p30
Reports that the Council of Ministers, the ultimate European Union (EU) decision-making body, has recognized the tensions that exist in the pharmaceutical market. Needs that should be addressed to the EU policy; Introduction of a system of centrally administered European prices for medicines.