Why working lives must be extended
- Have you ever dreamed of decking your boss? // Men's Health;Aug91, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p64
Presents a survey on the innermost thoughts, gripes and fantasies of the workers towards their job. Survey questions.
- Companies hit jam on the road to radical change. Pickard, Jane // People Management;11/2/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p10
Reports about the result of a study by Amin Rajan suggesting that companies which have radically changed their structures, as advocated by modern management gurus, are failing to achieve results. Reasons for the failure; Companies covered by the study; Supporting arguments by Gifford Pinchot.
- No pain, no gain: Why team work is worth it. Leigh, Andrew // People Management;5/16/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p47
Addresses the issue of teamwork and the myths surrounding it. Lack of a suitable team assessment systems; Ineffective reward system; Lack of understanding of the type of leadership required by teams; Teams as a chance for long term transformation of organizational effectiveness.
- Is technology necessary to streamline human resources management? // Caribbean Business;9/25/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 38, pS4
The article evaluates the advanced computerized business solutions for human resource management from Evertec.
- The ins and outs of Human Resources. Moody, Maureen // Director;Aug1999, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p66
Investigates why less organizations are outsourcing their human resource management. Levels of human resources management; Specifications on outsourcing; Guiding principles; Outsourced activities.
- Staff report poor training on feeding people with dysphagia. // Primary Health Care;Dec2014, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p7
The article discusses a survey by research company Research Now which reveals that community healthcare professionals are not given proper training to feed patients with the swallowing condition dysphagia.
- Right person for the job. Hurst, Eric // Landscape Management;Oct2006, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p106
The article evaluates the Kolbe Index for job placement and employee skills measurement from Kolbe Corp.
- myDIALS. // CRN;Jan2010, Issue 1293, p29
The article evaluates an operational performance management dashboards services from MyDials Inc.
- The foam peanuts for financial decision making. // Business Finance;Nov2008, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p9
The article evaluates the performance management software from Cognos.