Sacked transsexual wins equality battle
- New laws signal time for 'diversity' checkup. Smith, Shawn // Westchester County Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the passage of the Sexual Orientation Non-Discrimination Act in New York. Provisions of the law; Tips on formulating a diversity training program.
- New state law tweaks definition of 'gender'. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the passage of a new law, signed by Governor Jerry Brown, that would clearly define descrimination on basis of gender identity and gender expression is prohibited in California.
- SLOVAKIA. // Just Out;6/20/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p25
Reports on the Slovak parliament's passage of legislation forbidding workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Leaders: ENDA will get House vote this month. Keen, Lisa // Bay Area Reporter;3/4/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the optimism of several leaders including openly gay Representatives Barney Frank and Tammy Baldwin that the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) will get a House committee vote in September 2010 in San Francisco Bay Area, California.
- Germany: Proposed legislation to establish gender equality. // Women's International Network News;Winter94, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on a proposed German law to establish gender equality in employment. Promotion of women in the labor market; Measures to prevent or penalize discrimination against women in employment; Provisions for awarding of public contracts.
- Transsexual victory. // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p13
Reports on the ruling of Great Britain's Employment Appeal Tribunal on the Sex Discrimination Act which entitled transsexuals with legal protection against employment discrimination in Europe.
- Minn. Gov. Signs Progay Executive Order; Court Strikes Down Sodomy Law. Freiberg, Peter // Advocate;1/6/87, Issue 463, p15
Reports that Minnesota Governor Rudy Perpich issued an executive order on November 19, 1987, which will protect state employees from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
- Running the risk. Calegari, Paul // Dairy Industries International;Apr2002, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p21
Reports that dairy firms employing shift workers with young children could be open to compensation claims. Information on the Sex Discrimination Regulations 2001; Terms under the 2001 regulations concerning sex discrimination.
- BACKGROUND. // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring87, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p620
Analyzes the forms of sexual harassment that result in the violations of the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. U.S. Congress' purpose in defining the Title VII discrimination; Factors contributing to the increase of sexual harassment cases filed under Title VII.