Stress ruling ups the stakes for employers
- N.Y. landfill battle reaches high court. // Waste News;10/21/96, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p6
Presents information on the efforts Northumberland Company has taken to stop a proposed landfill in Albany, New York. Information on the trial; Opening remarks; Benefits of the proposed landfill.
- Northumberland is star performer for Best Value. Deeks, Emma // People Management;4/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the Best Value Inspection Service award received by Northumberland County Council's human resources (HR) department in England. Details on the award; Members of the HR department of Northumberland; Award received by York and Durham councils' HR department.
- Northumberland is critical. // Farmers Weekly;3/1/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on a report which cites the criticisms of the Northumberland County Council in England about the way the foot-and-mouth crisis was handled in the area. Proposal of the report on the event of future disease outbreak; Removal of the 21-day standstill ruling.
- Well Hill planning decision. // Coal International;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 260 Issue 5, p43
The article reports that Hargreaves Services PLC has been granted planning permission by the Northumberland County Council for the Well Hill surface mine in Northumberland, England.
- Development of Assessment Tools to Measure Organizational Support for Employee Health. Golaszewski, Thomas; Barr, Donald; Pronk, Nico // American Journal of Health Behavior;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p43
Objective: To develop systems that measure and effect organizational support for employee health. Methods: Multiple studies and developmental projects were reviewed that show the process of instrument development, metric quality testing, utilization within intervention studies, and prediction...
- Let employees decide how to be safer and healthier. // Patient Education Management;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p46
The article focuses on the initiative of the employees of UPS to promote their health and safety while at work, highlighting the positive implication of the initiative including the 6% cut in work-related injuries.
- Collaboration to overcome crise. Donovan, Tristan // Children & Young People Now;6/12/2012, p39
The article focuses on the safeguarding services provided by the Northumberland County Council in Northumberland, England. The author mentions that the County Council has strong strategic parnerships, which enables them to allocate resources immediately and deliver good emergency response. He...
- CNE OBJECTIVES / INSTRUCTIONS. // Occupational Health Management;Apr2010, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p47
No abstract available.
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH MANAGEMENT: Does Your Program Measure Up? Magyar Jr., Stephen V. // Professional Safety;Sep99, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p23
Examines the major elements of an occupational health management program. Assessment of different issues to provide basic employee comfort; Objective of a law that requires employers to evaluate health exposures in their workplaces; Quality of working conditions of a planned and implemented...