Bank staff unite to face cuts
- Method and madness. Reynolds, Jake // People Management;4/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p42
Evaluates the significance of electronic learning in personnel management. Conflict between the application of electronic learning and the conventional wisdom on enhancing knowledge; Analysis of training methods implemented by trainers; Comparison between the distinct applications of electronic...
- Eastern premise. Golzen, Godfrey // People Management;3/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p36
Interviews David Ashton, director at the University of Leicester's Centre for Labour Market Studies. Views on the training of human resources professionals; Correlation between business practices and organizational performance; Overview of a development program for Singapore's workforce.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;3/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p87
Presents an update on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development as of March 22, 2001. Session on implementing a work-life balance strategy; Availability of a position paper on the implications of technology on people management and development practitioners; Books published by the...
- Lloyds to grow resourcing skills. DOKE, DEEDEE // Recruiter;7/27/2011, p5
The article reports on the move of Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) PLC in launching training programme which aims to develop the recruitment partnering skills of its 300 recruiting and resourcing workforce.
- Unions target warehouse clubs as field grows. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/27/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 82, p28
Reports on organized labor's focus on the warehouse club industry. Industry's progress in urban markets and the Northeast; United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCWU) Local 371's goal; UFCWU's dispute with Maryland warehouses; Unions' standards in judging workers' club wages and benefits;...
- The Library Employees' Union of Greater New York, 1917-1929. Shanley, Catherine // Libraries & Culture;Summer95, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p235
Discusses about The Library Employees' Union, founded in New York City in 1917. Focus of the union on inferior status of women library workers and their low compensation package; Reforms methods used by union to fight for the causes of women's condition; Profile of union's spokesperson Maud Malone.
- Union targets Nevada's non-members. Seal, Kathy // Hotel & Motel Management;7/24/95, Vol. 210 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the campaign plans of hotel workers union Culinary Workers Union, Local 226 to recruit non-union hotel members in Nevada. Targeting of the MGM Grand Hotel/Casino, Rio Suites Hotel and Casino; Consumer boycott at the Santa Fe Hotel & Casino; Union strength of Culinary Workers.
- Drake workers opt to get union cards. // Hotel & Motel Management;01/12/98, Vol. 213 Issue 1, p98
Reports that workers at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco, California are joining the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees Union. Overview on the labor dispute at Sir Drake Hotel.
- Colombia (Case No. 2599). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3 (351, 352), p238
The article reports on the complaint filed by the Single Confederation of Workers (CUT) in Colombia relating to unjustified transfers of several members of the trade union and the opening of disciplinary proceedings against members.