Apathy mars birth of mercury staff forum
- Are you beng served? Bird, Jane // Management Today;Sep94, p70
Presents a company profile of Mercury Communications. Services for customers; Development of information technology (IT) innovations; Restructuring of IT systems.
- Low cost Mercury alternative. // Accountancy;Jan1990, Vol. 105 Issue 1157, p122
Features the alternative national telephone network provided by Mercury Communications Ltd. in Great Britain. Access to the network via the 2200 Indirect Service; Major advantage for accountancy firms; Cost of connecting to the network.
- Taming the telephone network. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;May94, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p26
Looks at Mercury Communications' outsourced telecommunications options and recent products aimed at keeping network expenditure. Virtual private networks and Centrex as two important markets; Introduction date of the first Centrex service; Basis of VPN Management Information System.
- Mercury Comm joins in-flight phone. M.G.; Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Sep93, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p59
Reports on the investment by Mercury Communications on the In-Flight Phone Europe (IFPE). Effect of investment to the project's development; Features of the system; Partner companies; Expected date of completion.
- How the Mercury brand slipped away like quicksilver. Mortimer, Ruth // Brand Strategy;Apr2003, Issue 170, p7
Examines the reason for the success of the advertisement campaign of Mercury Communications Ltd. Monopoly of the telecommunication service in the British market; Consolidation of the businesses with three cable services; Generation of awareness of C&W and the identity of the company in speeding...
- Implementing activity-based management at Mercury Communications. Gwynne, Richard; Ashworth, Gary // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Dec93, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p34
Describes the implementation of activity-based management at Mercury Communications. Statements by Kevin Hopps, controller at Mercury Group Finance; Considerations in the approach to pilots; Current management concerns.
- Vision only works if communicated. Aitken, Antony; Saunders, Ian // People Management;12/21/95, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p28
Explains how human resources (HR) can become more involved in taking a lead in change management programmes and how pursuing change does not have to cause discontent. Factors that led to successful change in management programmes; Key factors that influenced change in management programmes;...
- Developing human resources: Participative management and employee involvement: Slogans and reality? Fischer, Ben // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p137
Discusses various aspects of human resources development that encourage employee participation in management. Factors that caused expansion of employee involvement in management; Central purpose of employee involvement; Role of labor unions.
- Discussion after the speeches of Ben Fischer and William K. Rusak. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p149
Focuses on the discussion that followed the speeches by panelists Ben Fischer and William K. Rusak, given during the Canada-United States Law Institute's 1990 conference held in Cleveland, Ohio. Focus on employee participation in management.