Explaining the rules behind save as you earn schemes
- IRS can recover unpaid portion of FICA from employee. // CPA Journal;Oct93, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the court ruling in the `Navarro v. United States' case which says that the an employer's failure to collect the employee portion of FICA does not affect the employee's ultimate responsibility for the tax. Internal Revenue Service's application of an earned income tax credit refund...
- Distinguishing Between Independent Contractors and Employees: Part II. Berson, Susan A. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Apr2003, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p14
Examines the parameters for differentiation between independent contractors and employees regarding tax laws in the U.S. Steps for audit examination of whether workers constitute employees or independent contractors; Requirements for not considering corporate officer as an employee; Reference...
- Last-minute tax reminders. Wilburn, Deborah // Working Mother;Dec95, p14
Presents a list of last-minute tax reminders for the employee before December 31, 1995. Tax-advantaged retirement plan; Medical expenses; Charity deductions; Property taxes; Tax strategies for 1996.
- Liberation Day. // Time;5/16/1977, Vol. 109 Issue 20, p34
The article reports that an average American worker will have to work eight-hour day for four months to pay for his federal, state and local taxes in the U.S.
- Churches honor workers, focus on tax justice. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/8/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the efforts of more than 50 congregation in Saint Louis, Missouri in recognizing workers, and initiating activities that focus on the issue concerning tax justice before Labor Day.
- Tax hike may see high earners take the wrap. O'Donovan, Debi // Employee Benefits;Apr2010, p3
The author reflects on the benefits of the tax increases in Great Britain in 2010.
- Ignoring tax and immigration laws for domestic help is folly. Tunnell, Larry; Seipel, Cindy // Business Forum;Winter/Spring95, Vol. 20 Issue 1/2, p35
Outlines tax steps required for those who hire individuals for baby-sitting and household duties. Application of payroll taxes based on employer-employee relationships; Taxes that apply to employers of domestics; Federal Unemployment Tax Act taxes; Penalty assessment; Verification of...
- Household employees. // Las Vegas Business Press;03/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p25
Announces the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) tax rules on household employees.
- Tired Of The Tax And Spend Crowd Yet? Bruce, Tom // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/21/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p4
The article offers information on tax deductions and other fees by the U.S. government for an employee's net income.