Sugaring the pill
- People and posts. // People Management;11/7/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p16
Provides information on the resignation of Gerrit Aronson, group human resources director at Glaxo Wellcome. Speculation on why he left the company; A glance at the company management.
- Glaxo Wellcome job cuts. // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Glaxo Wellcome will shed 7,500 jobs worldwide or more than 11% of its staff following Glaxo's acquisition of Wellcome. Cost of integration.
- Pharmacists prefer Glaxo. // Drug Topics;2/19/96, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the ranking of Glaxo Wellcome in Scott-Levin's survey on popular sales representatives of drug manufacturers.
- Glaxo Wellcome Implements Direct-Purchase Plan. // DRIP Investor;Jun2000, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p2
Reports the implementation of direct-purchase plan by Glaxo Wellcome Pharmaceutical Company in Great Britain. Minimum initial investment in the Yahoo plan; Availability of the automatic monthly investment services; Expansion plan of Glaxo Wellcome.
- FDA approves use of antiseizure medication to control epilepsy. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/01/99-02/08/99, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the United States Food & Drug Administration's approval of Glaxo Wellcome PLC's antiseizure drug Lamictal for an expanded use in the treatment of epilepsy. Previous availability of the drug.
- Review is tough to stomach. // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/28/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p3
Reports on Glaxo Wellcome PLC's `overdetailed' questionnaire presented to advertising agencies participating in the review of Glaxo's consolidated media planning and buying account.
- Glaxo Wellcome to increase sales force. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;5/1/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p13
Reports on the increases of Glaxo Wellcome's distribution and service operations' sales force in Puerto Rico. Profitability of the company from the island's prescription drug market; Investments for research and development; Company's short-term objectives; Popularity of the company's GG167...
- Contenders emerge for Glaxo media. Osterman, Jim; McMains, Andrew // Adweek Western Edition;12/14/98, Vol. 48 Issue 50, p50
Reports on Glaxo Wellcome's search for shops and advertising agencies for its media planning and buying account. Move as part of the company's effort to consolidate its accounts and realize efficiencies; Prescription drugs hosted by the company.
- Glaxo Media in Review. Osterman, Jim; McMains, Andrew // Adweek Southeast Edition;12/14/98, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p8
Looks at the media planning and buying account of the Glaxo-Wellcome company. Advertising agencies invited to bid for the account; Focus of the firm on media planning; Market of the firm.