Entering the era of electronic CVs
- Job hunting online. Elsasser, John // Public Relations Tactics;Aug94, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p2
Highlights the use computer networks to recruit employees. Creation of computer bulletin boards for jobs; Increasing number of companies which are using computer networks for public relations.
- Online job services explode. Frazee, Valerie // Personnel Journal;Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the increase in the number of Internet and online job-search services, job banks and databases. Availability of majority of newspapers' classified job listings online; Main categories of job listings; Focus of online job services on specific industries.
- Online recruitment trends. // Editor & Publisher;04/26/97, Vol. 130 Issue 17, p89
Reveals the percentage of employees recruited through cyberspace interactions. Percentage of North American corporations that use the Internet; Growth of use of Internet for recruiting activities.
- E-mail us your cv, please? // Management Today;Sep96, p21
Reports on the increase in on-line recruitment in Great Britain. Reed Personnel Services' development of a recruitment office through the internet; Interactive interview with an employment officer; Comments by Blue Arrow and Adia Alfred Marks.
- Managers may need a nudge to embrace online recruitment. // Recruiter;6/9/2010, p10
The article reports that managers who are accustomed to using a paper-based recruitment process may need a little persuasion to adopt the online recruitment in Great Britain.
- Videoconferencing maximizes recruiting. Magnusen, Karl O.; Galen Kroeck, K. // HR Magazine;Aug1995, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p70
Discusses the use of videoconferencing to recruit employees. Advantages and disadvantages of the system; Tips on videoconferencing for interviewers and interviewees; Use of the technology in the campus recruitment program of the University of Florida.
- Employing the best people--From afar. Grensing-Pophal, Lin // Workforce (10928332);Mar1997, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p30
Discusses how telecommuting or distant staffing has helped employers cut down costs while allowing them to hire the best people for the jobs. Benefits of distant staffing; Trust problems of employers; Things employers must consider about telecommuting; How to find virtual employees with the...
- Interactive job-hunting pilot. // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p17
Reports that multimedia kiosks designed to link jobseekers with employers are being tested in various employment centers in Great Britain.
- Internet recruiting and employment discrimination: A legal perspective. Hogler, Raymond L.; Henle, Christine; Bemus, Carol // Human Resource Management Review;Summer98, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p149
Analyzes the growth of employee recruiting on the Internet and its legal implications. Soliciting of job applications and screening of prospective employees; Impact of electronic recruiting on future human resource activity; Suggestions for the maintenance of diversity objectives within the...