Unfair dismissal ruling opens way for fresh claims
- Older and wiser and not ready for the scrapheap. Nickson, Sue // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p14
Reports on the employment tribunal ruling regarding retirement age in Great Britain. Legal claims for unfair dismissal; Requirements of aged employment; Fairness in the employee dismissal procedure.
- Discrimination rights extend to ex-employees. // People Management;6/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on a ruling from the Great Britain House of Lords which entitles employees to bring claims of race, sex or disability discrimination against employers for acts that occur after their employment ends. Legal implications of the ruling; Effect on employers.
- Employment Law. // Accountancy;Jun2005, Vol. 135 Issue 1342, p115
Presents a legal case which concerns claims by employees for damages for injury caused by stress at work. Ruling of the Court of Appeal of Great Britain on the case; Provision of the Protection from Harassment Act; Allegations of the claimant against the employer.
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;4/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p17
Presents an update on several legal cases related to employment in Great Britain as of April 19, 2001. Ruling of a Birmingham employment tribunal on the claims of Simon Haddon against Telewest company; Approval of the ministers on the alternative arbitration scheme for solving unfair dismissal...
- Loophole is "rubbish". // Commercial Motor;9/11/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5045, p7
Reports the claims of trade associations on a legal ruling that exempts non-mobile transport workers from the Working Time Directive regulations in Great Britain. Ruling of the European Court of Justice in 2001 regarding the exemption; Remarks from Ruth Pott, head of employment affairs at the...
- Court ruling puts an end to psychic management. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;2/12/2002, p2
Focuses on the court ruling over stress claims to the employees in Great Britain. Decision of the court on stress claims; Guidelines of stress claims; View of the employer on stress claim.
- Employment. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Jul2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1319, p120
The article presents updates on legal cases relating to employment in Great Britain compiled as of July 2003. The EAT has ruled that employment tribunals can hear claims for unfair dismissal in Great Britain against overseas organizations if they do business locally. In an equal pay case, an...
- City case renews call for pay parity. // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p1
Reports on the effort of the Equal Opportunities Commission toward the improvement of pay transparency in Great Britain. Defeat of a female analyst in a legal claim for sexual discrimination; Ruling of the employment tribunal on the pay system; Need for employers to complete an equal pay...
- Transsexual victory. // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p13
Reports on the ruling of Great Britain's Employment Appeal Tribunal on the Sex Discrimination Act which entitled transsexuals with legal protection against employment discrimination in Europe.