Negligent employers face charges of manslaughter
- Dignity and work. Frederickson, H. George // PA Times;Apr98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on employees killing other employees or committing suicide. What this grossly aberrant behavior is called; Identification of some cases where this behavior occurred; Information on the aspects that can assist employees to commit this act.
- Recent legal decisions affect you. Barlow, Wayne E.; Hatch, D. Diane // Personnel Journal;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p105
Presents information on the effects of different legal decisions. Information on revised guidance of Americans with Disabilities Act; Terminated employees with drug activity not protected by Americans with Disabilities Act; Details of procedure for sex discrimination lawsuits; More.
- High murder rate for working women. // Women's International Network News;Autumn93, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p76
Reports on the murder rate for working women in the United States. Statistics; Types of crimes.
- A stress-free workplace is in everyone's best interests. Wynn-Evans, Charles // People Management;4/20/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p47
Cites several court cases filed regarding the failure of employers to deal with stressful situations at work. Walker versus Northumberland County Council (1994); Johnstone versus Bloomsbury Health Authority (1991); Petch versus Customs and Excise (1993).
- McDonald's not lovin' it after teen harassment settlement. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Dec2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information on the harassment lawsuit filed for a male teenager who once worked at McDonald's franchise in Perth Amboy.
- Run for your life. Pundyk, Grace // New Internationalist;May98, Issue 301, p35
Comments on problems experienced by migrant domestic workers in Kuwait. Information on the abuse of workers by employers; Identification of injustices against domestic workers; Statements from AT Ismael, First Secretary of Labor in Kuwait; Establishment of safe houses for domestic workers.
- BPO Worker from Manipur Killed. // India -- West;7/25/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 36, pA34
The article reports on a 29-year-old man employed at a business process outsourcing company who was beaten to death in Kitla Mubarakpur area in New Delhi, India.
- Cheated Indian Women Workers Stranded in Saudi Arabia. // News India Times;8/22/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 34, p22
The article reports on the Indian women workers in Saudi Arabia that was victims of fake recruitment agencies.
- Business crime drops in city. // Crain's New York Business;9/6/93, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the decline in crimes against New York City businesses and company employees in the first four months of 1993 according to the New York Police Department. Incidents in business-incentive precincts.