- Symphony taps district cooling loop, avoids $450K equipment expense. Randazzo, Mike // Energy User News;Sep96, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the decision of the Youngstown Symphony Society in Ohio to tap into the local district cooling loop to save on capital equipment expenses. Factors considered by the society in choosing Youngstown Thermal as service provider; Upgrading of the society's internal chilled water...
- Check the cooling tower: Will it handle the new chiller? Ask, Andrew C. // Engineered Systems;Jan1995, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p70
Part I. Discusses cooling towers used in chilled-water systems. Repairing or rebuilding of key components; How to decide on whether to condemn a cooling tower or not; Surveying for a new tower; Selecting, specifying a new tower; Field testing the new tower.
- Capacity: Gross heat rejection. // Engineered Systems;Jan1995, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p71
Discusses the capacity of a cooling tower. Discussion of some refrigeration theory; Cooling tower capacity as a function of outside wetbulb temperature; Gross Heat Rejection as the energy rejected by the tower.
- Matrix multiflow cooling tower... // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p66
Features the matrix multiflow cooling tower from Marley Cooling Tower Co.
- Counter flow cooling tower. // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p66
Features the counterflow cooling tower from Marley Cooling Tower Co.
- Kendal, Republic of South Africa. // Power;Apr96, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p73
Profiles the cooling towers of South Africa, dubbed as the largest structures of their kind in the world. Design; Standard features; Coal-burning rate; Power systems; Key equipment suppliers.
- Cooling tower saves space and power. // Power Engineering;Nov95, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p85
Reports on Marshall Municipal Utilities' use of cooling tower to condense exhaust steam from its 4-MW and 6-MW turbines. Benefits from such cooling system; Cooling procedure.
- A plume with a view. Dodman, Kevin // International Power Generation;Jul98, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p13
Explores the future engineering possibilities of wet cooling towers. Problems associated with wet cooling towers; Information on the hybrid cooling system developed by GEA Enegietechnik; One of the main issues associated with the construction and installation of the hybrid cooling system.
- Opening of cooling center delayed. Pokin, Steve // St. Charles Journal;7/31/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 61, pA2
The article reports on the delay of the cooling center that was supposed to be open to homeless men in St.Charles when temperatures topped 90 degrees in Missouri.
- Cooling off in NYC. // New York Amsterdam News;7/8/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 28, p32
The article presents a list of cooling centers in New York City including Mariners Harbor in Staten Island, Jackie Robinson Senior Center in Harlem, and Project Find Woodstock Senior Center in Manhattan.