Local help for those worried about CPD
- Wages must reward skills and innovation. Littlefield, David // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p13
Asserts the annual conference of Institute of Personnel and Development produced a mix of theory, practice and new ideas on wages. Argument by Adair Turner on giving above-inflation pay rises to employees; Approaches in compensation management discussed in the conference; Disagreement voiced by...
- Using computers as a tool to assist CPD. Haistead, Nichola // People Management;03/07/96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p62
Deals with the questions and answers of the author in the concluding report on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) conference in October by the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Why CPD had not been compulsory for all; Professional Development Management (PDM) package as an...
- Escape from the hamster wheel. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p9
Focuses on the Institute of Personnel & Development's national conference in Great Britain, on October 22-24, 1997, which highlights the need for alternative personnel management strategies. Need to break out from conventional strategies such as total quality management, lean production and...
- Chair and share alike. Pett, Frances // People Management;02/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p63
Discusses the events that transpired during the meeting of representatives from almost all Institute of Personnel and Development branches in Great Britain on January 27, 1999. Highlights of the event; Important landmarks reached in the meeting.
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Piano forte. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;10/1/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p57
Highlights the national conference of the Institute of Personnel and Development on October 28 to 30, 1998. Theme of the conference; Keynote speakers at the conference.
- `Demarcation disputes as quaint as ration books.' MacLachlan, Rob; Littlefield, David // People Management;7/13/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p12
Discusses the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) employment law conference theme `Employment law and practice: 1995 and beyond,' on July 3, 1995 at Westminster's Queen Elizabeth II center. Information disclosed by employment secretary Michael Portillo in his speech at the conference;...
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;6/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p68
Presents news briefs relating to the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD). Release of the CIPD annual recruitment survey; Information on the subjects added to the CIPD Web site; Topics discussed in the CIPD publication `Employment Tribunals.'
- Making diversity accessible. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;12/24/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 25, p51
Deals with the meeting held by the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) in 1998 on managing diversity. Topic discussed by Tim Harris of the Devon and Cornwall branch; Initiatives launched by several IPD branches; Other keynote speakers.