Members benefit as institute goes on-line
- Search engine to locate businesses launched. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p6
Cites the July 1999 launching of the B2B Explorer business search engine. Site's aim to displace Yahoo! and other Internet search engines for World Wide Web users looking to locate businesses; Service as free for certain companies.
- Surf these Web sites. // Curriculum Review;Apr96, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p11
Features various educational sites on the World Wide Web. Includes information on developing a school Internet policy; Electronic magazine providing daily lesson plans; Survey of basic chemistry facts.
- Children's literature resources on the Internet. // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p52
Focuses on the number of Internet resources in the field of children's literature. Access to World Wide Web; Types of Internet resources; Features of the World Wide Web; Discussion of groups based on electronic mail.
- LI sets sites on the Internet. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/26/96, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p19
Focuses on World Wide Web sites in Long Island, New York. Population of Internet users in the city; Subsidy received by the Internet from the National Science Foundation which controls Internet's core computer network; Factors behind the success of electronic commerce; Benefits of Web sites for...
- Spinning the Web. Allen, Leilani E. // Mortgage Banking;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p97
Presents tips that make for successful World Wide Web pages. Addition of valuable features; Openness for exploration; Updates.
- Finding useful marketing information on Web. Wang, John // New Hampshire Business Review;4/26/96, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the use of the World Wide Web by small and regional businesses in finding marketing information. Varieties of marketing information offered by the Web; Suggested sites and Web addresses for new Web users.
- Take a spin on the Web, agents urged. Pasher, Victoria Sonshi // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/18/95, Vol. 99 Issue 38, p9
Reports on insurance-related sites in World Wide Web information retrieval system. Insurance agents' need for a graphical interface in retrieving and reading files over the Internet; Online services; Electronic mail.
- Web watch. Kantra, Suzanne; O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Nov95, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p37
Lists the addresses of various computer network resources in the Internet's World Wide Web. Includes The Smithsonian; Interactive Model Train; Monster Board.
- Fact:. // Software Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p27
Reveals the percentage of employers who think the Web has raised productivity.