- Retooling: Books and reports. // Marketing Tools;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p40
Presents information on books and reports. Impact Promotional Products' Promotional Products Directory; Urban Decision Systems' (UDS) Consumer Behavior Reports; Strategy Research Corporation's U.S. Hispanic Market Study.
- Reference books & nonfiction series. Daigneault, Audrey Irene // Library Talk;May/Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p41
Reviews reference and nonfiction books. `Astronomy & Space: From the Big Bang to the Big Crunch'; `Scientists: The Lives and Works of 150 Scientists'; `A Slice Through a City,' by Peter Kent; `Amazing World of Words,' by Brian Wildsmith; `Bizarre Beasts and Other Oddities of Nature,' by Anita...
- Checking it out. Herbert, R. // Publishers Weekly;7/13/1990, Vol. 237 Issue 28, p18
Discusses how reference publishing today embraces a wide range of tone and subject matter, directed to as many readers as there are interests. Range of reference users; Harper Collins and Houghton Mifflin reference departments; Emphasis on facts; Facts On File; Marketing; Competition in today's...
- With deference to reference. Weaver, Robert M. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Nov92, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p23
Presents a bibliomaniac's tale of his addiction to reference books. Pursuing the study of English literature and writing in college; Description of his personal reference library; Reaching out to books for answers; Details.
- A writer's personal reference library. Weaver, Robert M. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Nov92, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p25
Offers a look at building a reference library from the ground up. Begin with a quality dictionary and thesaurus; Compare versions at the public library; Other components for your ideal personal reference library; Books that the author finds vital to his daily work such as `The Address Book,' by...
- A reference shelf for writers. Powers, Katherine A. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Oct97, Vol. 110 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the importance of having reference shelves for writers. Dictionary as the single most important work on the reference shelf; `The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language'; `Webster's New World Thesaurus' as a first-rate thesaurus; Usefulness of dictionaries of quotations.
- American history through personal lives of the nation's... // Curriculum Administrator;Jan1997, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p51
Presents information on the reference set `The Presidents,' from Grolier Educational of Connecticut. Contents of the set; Number of volumes included; Age-group at which it is aimed.
- Untitled. Claire, Thomas R. // Country Living;Oct93, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p106
Introduces several reference books. `Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary, Tenth Edition'; `Hammond Atlas of the World'; `Oxford Atlas of the World'; `The World Almanac and Book of Facts'; `Roget's International Thesaurus'; `Bartlett's Familiar Quotations.' INSET: For the younger set...
- Reference books bulletin: Reviews. Whiteley, Sandy // Booklist;2/15/97, Vol. 93 Issue 12, p1039
Reviews the reference books `The African American Theatre Directory, 1816-1960,' by Bernard L. Peterson, `American Heritage Dictionary of American Quotations,' by Margaret Miner and Hugh Rawson, `Bible Baby Names: Spiritual Choices from Judeo-Christian Tradition,' by Anita Diamant, `The...