Why appraisal should climb the skills agenda
- Harder work is not the route to better staff. // Management Services;Jul99, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p6
"Managers are employed to achieve goals," according to training expert and author Terry Gillen. "Exercises in Appraisal and Performance Development," by Gillen provides an insight, to a set of step by step practical exercises published by the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) to help...
- TALENT MANAGEMENT. FORSTER, WAYNE // HR Professional;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses the impact of appraisal of employees on the growth of organizations. It suggests stopping existing method of appraisal process as it damage relationships, is counterproductive and result in creating power imbalance between the manager and the employee. It discusses a new...
- Planning for Performance Reviews Part II. Domeyer, Diane // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p24
Provides tips for women executives on conducting a performance review. Importance of encouraging employees to get involved during the appraisal meeting; Factors to consider in giving constructive criticism to employees; Significance of providing employees a copy of the performance review.
- An Investigation of the Forced Ranking System (FRS). Bashir, Usman; Bashir, Memon Salman; Rohra, Chandan Lal // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p1581
This study postulates that forced ranking system for being performance management intervention will be effective to the point that managers and subordinates have shared perception about the corporate goals and the degree to which it meet the needs of both groups. This research project was...
- Staff appraisals need not be a blame game. Kumar, Rajesh // New Zealand Doctor;6/16/2004, p34
Presents a guide to conducting staff appraisals. Role of managers in appraisals; Formula for conducting performance appraisals; Benefits of appraisals to medical practice.
- IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS. Buzzotta, V.R. // Management Review;Aug88, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p40
Discusses guidelines for improving employee performance appraisals. Intrinsic problems of performance appraisals; Training managers to appraise.
- Managing Sales Performance Through a Comprehensive Performance Appraisal System. Muczyk, Jan P.; Gable, Myron // Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management;May87, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p41
The success or failure of the organization depends on how efficiently the sales performance is managed. Therefore, improving performance appraisals for everyone should be among the highest priorities of contemporary sales executives and managers. It is difficult to argue with the notion that...
- Playbook: Paining Over Performance Assessments? Yost, Lauren // Parks & Recreation;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p20
The article discusses ways in which managers can reduce stress related to employee performance assessments. Tips for managing the stress of employee evaluations and boosting employee performance are offered including setting performance expectations the day the employee starts, enabling the...
- Risk Doctor Briefing Scaling the PEAKS of Competence. Hillson, David; Murray-Webster, Ruth // PM World Journal;Apr2015, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "Risk Doctor Briefing Scaling the PEAKS of Competence," by doctors David Hillson and Ruth Murray-Webster, which appeared in the August 2014 issue. It discusses the PEAKS framework which stands for personal characteristics, experience, attitude,...