System that puts people at forefront
- The Challenge of Managing under Social Uncertainty. Post, James E. // Business Horizons;Aug77, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p51
Focuses on the implications of social uncertainty for the business enterprises in the United States. Improvement of business operations in various organizational institutions; Expansion of professional management from large corporations to medium and smaller enterprises; Basic managerial...
- TELL IT TO THE GRAPEVINE. Sierra, Lorenzo // Communication World;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the quick communication of news through the corporate grapevine. Importance of the grapevine to managers; Effects of the ignorance of the grapevine on communication, productivity and employee morale; Recommendations of the management of the grapevine.
- Business Briefs. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;4/30/2009, Vol. 74 Issue 39, p4
The article offers news briefs related to business in Minnesota including the breakeven analysis & income statement of businesses, African family services and work orientation for ex-offenders.
- Management's sweet spot. Holland, Bruce // New Zealand Management;Mar2002, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p60
Focuses on the social aspects of business management. Application of the laws of life and science to business management; Complexity of management.
- Selling to Mexican stores seen as not so simple. Ozzard, Janet // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/6/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 108, p19
Discusses business opportunities for American-made goods in the Mexican market. Impact of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) on Mexican economy; Profile of the Mexican consumer; Credit rates in Mexico; Expectations in apparel, footwear and accessories retailing; Language barrier.
- Standard procedure. Adler, Ilya // Business Mexico;Jun2000, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p26
Discusses the dilemma of whether there should be globalized standards of doing business or whether global managers be versed in how each culture works. American industrial engineer Frederick Taylor's concept of scientific management; Human relations school of management thinking; Concerns over...
- In Praise of enemies. Brandt, John R. // Industry Week/IW;10/18/99, Vol. 248 Issue 19, p4
Editorial. Focuses on business enemy. Arguments on judging a man by the quality of his enemies and how he responds to them; Details on how the author managed the complaints of his co-employees against him.
- Are you a `woodentop?'. Charters, John // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;May/Jun2000, Issue 20, p20
Discusses the application of the concept of folklore in a business organizations and the exploration of the existence of company myths and legends. Common management folklore, myths and legends; Exploring an organization's culture; Company stories that proliferate all levels of the...
- Corporate Spellers, Older Workers and Stress Tests. Feldman, Diane // Management Review;Aug89, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p7
Reports on developments concerning management in the U.S. as of August 1989. Corporations' commitment to literacy in the workplace; American Association of Retired persons' offering of employers a computerized database that lists exemplary older-worker programs.