Any other business
- Leader. // Public Finance;2/3/95, p6
Comments on the media coverage of Lord Nolan's committee on standards in public life. Witnesses; Implications of the Nolan inquiry; Key issues raised; Importance of proper reporting procedures; Questions raised regarding the standards.
- Leader. // Public Finance;05/24/96, p6
Contemplates on Lord Nolan and his committee's report on local public spending bodies (LBSBs). Definition of LPSBs; Nolan's achievements.
- Nolan backs creation of public audit forum. Harding, David // Public Finance;02/28/97, p4
Focuses on the support of Lord Nolan, chairman of the committee on standards into public life for the creation of a public audit forum in Great Britain. Contribution by the Treasury; Opportunity for public audit bodies; Effects of diversity in the public sector.
- Nolan wants CIPFA corporate governance standards. Brown, Steve; Wheal, Chris // Public Finance;2/10/95, p4
Reports on the request by Lord Nolan to the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) for corporate governance standards in Great Britain. Application of government surcharging to public service; Provisions for internal auditing and risk management; Response from CIFPA...
- Leader. // Public Finance;11/4/94, p6
Discusses the challenges facing the public inquiry in Great Britain into standards of conduct in public life headed by Lord Nolan. Issue of accountability; Implications to public servants; Importance of public confidence.
- Putting the squeeze on sleaze. Wheal, Chris // Public Finance;11/4/94, p8
Reports on British local government rules that could guide the public inquiry into standards in public life headed by Lord Nolan. Reactions of public officials into the inquiry; Comment by Andrew Foster, head of the Audit Commission; Differences in the standards between the local and central...
- A failure of culture? // Public Finance;May2014, Issue 5, p14
The author discusses the failure of culture in Great Britain. He cites a report from Committee on Standards in Public Life which emphasizes the need to build high ethical standards into the culture of organizations. It identifies training and development as the key areas for improvement. It...
- THE CURIOUS CASE OF Private Mckinley Nolan. Linnett, Richard // Vietnam;Jun2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses the case of private McKinley Nolan which explores how a murder may lead to war crime convictions for former Khmer Rouge leaders. It states that on September 7, 2010, the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC), officially named Michael Nolan a plaintiff...
- The cross Kinnock bears. Gelb, N. // New Leader;11/14/88, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p10
Describes the problems of British Labour Party Leader Neil Kinnock's retention as party leader from the far left, in the person of Tony Benn, formerly Viscount Stansgate.