`Bad advice' blamed for Tec's legal fiasco
- RELATED FOUNDATIONS. Tenenbaum, Jeffrey S.; Morris, Thomas W. // CPA Journal;Apr2001, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p67
Explains the government regulations for related foundations of trade associations in the United States. Reasons for establishing related foundations; Qualification requirements for public charity status; Details on related foundation activities.
- Low-income housing safe harbor. // Practical Accountant;Jun96, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the provision of a safe harbor under which organizations can be considered charitable institutions when they provide low-income housing.
- CHARITABLE CHOICE FACES SCRUTINY IN STATE COURTS. // NCADD Washington Report;Dec2000, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the lawsuits filed against state charitable choice policies similar to those in congressional proposals in the United States.
- State warns of firms posing as charities for bomb victims. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/8/95, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p13
Reports on the warning by the Utah Division of Consumer Protection against the Oklahoma Children's College Fund's violation of the Charitable Solicitations Act.
- Small foundations say they won't survive new bill. Sipos, Gabriel // Slovak Spectator;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the decision of the Slovak government and non-government organizations to support a draft amendment of a foundation law. Terms under the proposal; Objective of the move; Purpose of the foundation law amendment.
- Red tape headaches. Lynch, Michael W. // Reason;Mar98, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p20
Shows that regulations from all levels of the United States government are crippling charitable organizations according to the report by Project 21 which is a group dedicated to promoting entrepreneurship in African-American communities. Number of respondents who reported problems with...
- Airport Fundraising Ban Ruled Illegal. // Christianity Today;10/01/2001, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p15
Reports that a federal judge in the United States ruled that the penalty imposed at the Los Angeles International Airport to those seeking donations is a violation of free-speech rights guaranteed by the state constitution. Fine imposed to fundraisers at the airport; What officials in Los...
- 67-day countdown before some sort of sanity returns to New York. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;10/25/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 43, p1
Editorial. Comments on the administrative operation of Guiliani in United States. Rejection of the donation of the Saudi government for the terrorist victims; Initiatives for the protection of the fuel economy; Evaluation of the democratic relation with Israel.
- Twenty-nine trusts pass first foundation test. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;5/16/2003, p10
Reports on the British government's aim to accelerate its foundation trust initiative by encouraging the first wave of organizations to help their neighbors achieve the same status. Announcement of Health Secretary Alan Milburn that 29 of 32 initial applicants would go through a second...