People and posts
- An outsider inside. Thatcher, Mike // People Management;07/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p30
Profiles Frank Coyle, the human resources director at the Scottish Prison Service (SPC). Examination of management competencies at the service; Previous jobs; His role as a troubleshooter. INSET: Frank Coyle: Career summary..
- Widening participation -- the core issue. Ingham, Richard // Adults Learning;Feb99, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p9
Looks at some of the main points on the speech of Professor David Melville. Affirmation on the link between funds for Further Education (FE) and the widening participation agenda; Description of some of the funding agreements that has provisions of infrastructure for pathways; Presentation of...
- Multidisciplinary managers highlighted in new initiative. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;May2000, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p11
Deal with the launching of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) Global Business Management Week which aims to raise awareness of the roles carried out by business executives. Objectives of the inaugural event; Comments from David Melvill, president of CIMA.
- Colleges may be forced to merge to avoid wasteful competition. // Public Finance;10/17/97, p2
Reports on the statement by British Further Education Funding Council's chief executive David Melville that colleges may be forced to merge to avoid wasteful competition. Finding that over 100 further education colleges are in financial difficulties.
- New qualification means finance can add value. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;May2000, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p11
Presents information on a survey conducted regarding the business skills that accountants and other finance professionals must develop to deliver future value. Projected changes in financial transactions by 2005; Comments from David Melvill, president of the Chartered Institute of Management...
- Top executives have job hopping on their minds. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p26
Reports on the increase in job-seeking activity among executives in the United States. Dissatisfaction in position; Percentage of executives who have sent resumes to prospective employers; Causes of job stress; Awareness of alternative job prospects as part of career management strategy.
- Who's hot in the marketplace? // USA Today Magazine;Mar96, Vol. 124 Issue 2610, p11
Focuses on `hot' jobs in the marketplace. List compiled by recruiting firm of Christian & Timbers; Examples of most-requested positions to be filled in the executive ranks; Chief technology officer; Senior private banking executive; Mergers and acquisitions executive; Several others.
- Wall St.'s best defect to big foreign banks. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;8/21/95, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p3
Reports on the transfer of executives from Wall Street companies to foreign banks. Business firms that have lost key executives; Reasons for transferring; Names of business executives that have transferred and the foreign companies that hired them.
- Firms boost tech pay in heated effort to foil rivals' search engines. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;07/14/97, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p17
Reports on strategies being used by recruiters and employers to retain their technology executives. Increase in salary; Offers of stock options; Comments from Bob Molnar, a partner at Accord Group/Johnson Smith and Knuckly.