Firms in bid to break learning `antipathy'
- Adult Learners and OCN. BLYTH, DANIEL // Adults Learning;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p17
Looks at the effects of Open College Network (OCN) accreditation on students. Background on OCNs; Aims of the Workers' Educational Association (WEA) Language Framework; Other issues addressed by the OCN documents.
- LESSONS TO BE LEARNED WORKING ACROSS EUROPE. Summers, Judith // Adults Learning;Dec2001, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
Describes a study of transnational projects on adult learning by the European Association for the Education of Adults. Analysis of the projects; Implications of the results of the study; Tips to overcome barriers to success of projects.
- Black Educators' Group Strives for 'Visible' Role in Policy Debate. Johnston, Robert C.; Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;11/29/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p12
Focuses on the National Alliance of Black School Educators (NABSE), an organization advocating black students and educators in the United States. Goal to improve the life of African American people; Plan to keep a high profile with legislators; Opportunities provided by the NABSE conference to...
- Welcome, Technology Educators! Gonzales, Ronald; Scarcella, Joseph A. // Tech Directions;Dec2001, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p19
Focuses on the issues concerning educational and professional associations in the United States. Quality needed in sustaining goals for technology education; Tradition of excellence demonstrated in the involvement of student leadership organizations with other groups; Process in acquiring...
- WORLD FORUM STORY PROJECT. // Exchange (19460406);May/Jun2012, Issue 205, p75
The author discusses the impact on her professional development of belonging to the World Forum Foundation, a global organization devoted to early childhood education, focusing on its impact on her work in Haiti and her participation in the 2011 World Forum conference in Hawaii.
- Where do we go from here? Bolsin, Richard; Taylor, Richard; Swan, Amy; Clark, Alastair; Innocent, Natasha; Davies, Peter; Templeton, Peter // Adults Learning;Nov2008, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p8
The article presents information on the informal adult learning consultation of the British government. The objective and function of the Workers' Educational Association (WEA) and the Campaigning Alliance for Lifelong Learning (CALL) is discussed. Adult learners and their organisations, and a...
- LEAFEA gets a new chairman. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;6/22/2012, Issue 52, p3
The article announces that Ian Forward was elected as chairman of the Local Education Authorities Forum for the Education of Adults (LEAFEA) in Great Britain.
- Delivering association education: Models for good practice. Baden, Clifford // Association Management;Oct97, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p41
Reports on a study on association education, conducted by the Greater Washington Society of Association Executives (GWSAE) Foundation. Information on the study; Reference to models of good practice, Tips for success, peer-driven learning and others; Benefits to be obtained from the book;...
- A WORD FROM THE PRESIDENT. // Physical & Health Education Journal;Spring2012, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p2
No abstract available.