Outdoor training exercises: More fresh air than hot air
- Is the training levy a scam? // International Insurance Monitor;1996 1st Quarter, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p6
Highlights investigations concerning the Zimbabwe government's implementation of the Manpower Planning and Development Act. Establishment of fund from levy imposed on employers; Use of funds for vocational and technical training; Exemptions to the levy.
- Strategic Steps to Management Support. Spector, August K. // Training & Development Journal;Feb88, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p42
Discusses several strategic steps to securing management support for human resource development action plans. Planning; Budgeting; Educating other managers.
- Setting the stage for effective training. Klobus, Kenneth G. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;04/27/98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the four main elements of a successful training program. Choosing the topic; Selecting the instructor for the training program; Environmental aspects and considerations; Rehearsals.
- Don't Make It Fancy... Just good --. Shusta Jr., George // Training & Development Journal;Apr74, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
Discusses guidelines to developing an effective training and development program. Manpower development; Company-consultant relationship; Professional evaluation.
- Apprenticeships take centre stage. // Works Management;Mar2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the plan of the government to expand Modern Apprenticeships in Great Britain. Reduction of skills shortage; Launch of training programs; Alleviation of industrial productivity.
- Using Individualization and Scaffolding to Improve Inservice Programs. Sheerer, Marilyn // Early Childhood Education Journal;Mar1997, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p201
This article discusses reasons behind difficulty in implementing curriculum changes in educational institutions. Directors or administrators of institutes must know individual staff members, their interests, strengths and developmental levels in order to design training programs for the staff. A...
- DON'T LET PROGRESS SLOW YOU DOWN. Sparrow, Stephanie // Training Magazine;Sep2004, p5
Presents advice on the inclusion of coaching in the training and development of employees in Great Britain. Principles to follow for the success of a coaching initiative; Advantages of the integration of a coaching culture in the corporate strategy of an organization; Tips on the application of...
- ASTD Washington Report. // Training Directors Journal / ASTD;May65, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p54
Presents news related to industrial policy and legislation in the United States as of May 1965. Launch of the Job Development program; Proposed amendment of the Manpower Development and Training Act program.
- Expanding Needs Analysis. Brinkerhoff, Robert O. // Training & Development Journal;Feb86, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p64
Emphasizes that a needs analysis will be conducted during the forming of a skills training effort. Contradiction posed by the term training needs analysis; Information on different needs analysis methods.