- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;4/30/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p19
Presents an update on several employment-related case laws in Great Britain. Brief information on the legal case `Caledonia Bureau Investment and Property v Caffery; Details on a law governing employees' dismissal.
- EMPLOYMENT & LABOR LAW. Tanick, Marshall H. // Bench & Bar of Minnesota;Apr2013, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p38
The article presents information on several employment and labor law cases in Minnesota including Hudson v. United System of Arkansas, Inc., Al-Birekdar v. Chrysler Qroup, LLC, and Spalla v. Peterson Mech. Inc. It mentions that Hudson case was related to gender discrimination, Al-Birekdar case...
- Employment Law. // Accountancy;Jan2006, Vol. 137 Issue 1349, p113
The article presents several cases related to employment laws in Great Britain in 2006. A case regarding equal pay is presented. Moreover, the article also presents cases related to discrimination committed by employees and redundancy. Several comments on these cases are offered in this paper.
- The provisions in a labour contract: technology and the market. Bessy, Christian; Szpiro, Daniel // Cambridge Journal of Economics;May2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p459
Many common features of the legal regulation of the employment relationship have attracted little attention, although they are to be found in contracts with possible litigation, as for instance the possibility for the employer to reduce the mobility of the employee or to prevent them from...
- legal news for supervisors. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;11/16/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 107, p3
The article presents two cases and a survey related to the employer-employee relationship under employment law in the U.S. A case is presented which the court ruled in favor of employee explaining that employer must assume disability as claimed by the employee until proven the truth. The ruling...
- Labor law. // Reporter;Mar90, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on labor law in the United States, highlighting the Supreme Court's ruling in the case of Price Waterhouse v. Hopkins, 109. Ct. 1775, 49 F.E.P. Cases 954 (1989), involving a Title VII plaintiff who establishes both legitimate and illegitimate motives in a contested employment decision. ...
- Waiver of discrimination claims upheld. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Nov96, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p17
Presents cases of labor law pertaining to supervisors in the United States. Upholding of the waiver of discrimination claims by the Supreme Court in the case of `Spink versus Lockheed Corp.'; Firing of an employee for lying about hitting a co-employee; Improper suspension of an employee by a...
- Union-free statements in employee handbooks. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Mar90, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on labor-related cases of interest to industrial supervisors. Union-free statements in employee handbooks; Reporting of absences to a leadperson instead of a supervisor; Double jeopardy in discipline cases.
- The law at work. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct96, Vol. 119 Issue 10, p83
Presents information on several laws and rulings at work. Supreme Court's ruling in the National Football League (NFL) players case, Brown versus Pro Football Incorporated; Supreme Court decisions which extended important First Amendment protections to independent contractors.