Navigating a bumpy road
- Can you pay me later? Heslin, Edward J. // Business Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p58
Looks at deferred compensation arrangements. Unfunded arrangements; Retirement compensation arrangement; Employee benefit plan; Need for careful planning.
- Protecting public deferred plans from creditors. Miller, Girard // Pensions & Investments;3/20/95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p12
Opinion. Presents information on public sector 457 deferred compensation plans in the United States. Exploration of deficiencies; Need for the development of legislative solutions; 457 plan as a non-qualified deferred compensation plan that permits employees to reduce their salaries by as much...
- Execs optimistic on growth of DC. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;9/18/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p8
Presents the survey of plan sponsors entitled `1995 Study of 403(b)/457 Plans: Plan Sponsors' Use and Selection of Investment Providers and Services,' conducted by Louisville, Kentucky-based Eager and Associates. Asset growth among plans; Factors affecting plans.
- Can't find qualified employees? Try offering them tax incentives. Lathrop, Steven J. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Dec97, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the offer of deferred compensation plans by plumbing contractors to attract qualified workers in the United States. Two basic types of plans; Issues to be considered in deferred compensation plans; Three examples of plans.
- Protect employees and your plan. Barnhill, Robert; Mason, Jerry // HRMagazine;May96, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p65
Focuses on the protection of deferred compensation plans by both employers and employees in the United States. Guidelines for auditing qualified plans; 401(k) plans; Elective deferrals; Section 457 plans; Exclusion allowance.
- 403(b) inv. options outpace 401(k)s: Study. Murray, M. Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/22/98, Vol. 102 Issue 25, p8
Highlights the results of a study conducted by Access Research on the number of investment choices offered in 403(b) plans. Comparison of 403(b)'s investment options with that of 401(k); Fiduciary responsibilities of 401(k) sponsors.
- Trust protects funds in deferred comp. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/3/95, Vol. 99 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the concept formulated by Michael Goldstein, a partner at the St. Louis, Mo.-based law firm Husch & Eppenberger, on how to address the problems of the security of deferred compensation plans. Fusion of the trust vehicles Rabbi Trust and Secular Trust as a protection for employees' funds.
- Should you accept deferred compensation? Mangan, Doreen // Medical Economics;04/14/97, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p169
Offers advice on non-qualified deferred-compensation plan for employees. Total amount in potential taxes saved in deferred compensation; Supplemental executive-retirement plans; Allowing of an employee to ut aside income that is in excess of your living expenses.
- Nonqualified deferred compensation. Lawler, Bernard J. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;4/15/96, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on nonqualified deferred compensation. Means of rewarding executives and attracting employees; Applications; Advantages; Disadvantages; Suggestions.