UK firms `must forgo analytical view of culture.'
- How toâ€¦ learn the lingo. Cooper, Natalie // Personnel Today;2/20/2007, p33
The article discusses the claim of the National Centre for Language that 20 percent of exporting British companies lose business as a direct result of cultural or language barriers. There are wider social and cultural benefits of being able to speak a second language. Having more than one...
- British Industry--failure or frustration? Harris, Ralph // Accountancy;May75, Vol. 86 Issue 981, p19
Comments on criticism of the poor performance of British industry in 1975. Partial international comparisons of growth rates and investment league tables; Possible causative elements affecting industrial performance.
- News in brief. // Professional Engineering;10/18/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p4
Presents updates on Great Britain's manufacturing industry as of October 18, 2000. Sale of Process Systems' assets to Process Systems 2000; RJB Mining's discontinuation of takeover talks with a bidder; Management buyout of Emblem Group; Selection of BAE Systems to buy a stake in South African...
- Business is good for you after all. // Management Today;Feb1996, p3
Editorial. Focuses on the changing perception of business in Great Britain. Traditional perception of businessmen as mercenary; Signs that the standing of business in society is improving; Reasons for the realization that business is key to a nation's growth.
- UK business news. // Accountancy;Sep92, Vol. 110 Issue 1189, p22
Presents a round-up of business news in Great Britain, for the period of July 15 to August 18, 1992. Recession; Banks; Mortgages; Insurance; Lloyd's; Advertising; Media; Conglomerates; Construction; Chemicals; Industrial gases; Power; Helicopters; Airlines; Motors; Beer; Pharmaceuticals;...
- Confidence grows. // Credit Management;Dec99, p14
Summarizes findings of Dun & Bradstreet's survey on business confidence in Great Britain, during the first half of September 1999. Business confidence in various industrial sectors; Percentage of businesses expecting growth in operations; Sectors facing competitive environment.
- Concern greets reform proposals. // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p5
Describes the implications of proposals for the reform of nationalized industry legislation in Great Britain. Suggested restructuring of the industries' balance sheets; Radical restructuring of the relationship between the government, the industries and consumers.
- UK BUSINESS NEWS 18 SEPTEMBER - 15 OCTOBER. // Accountancy;Nov91, Vol. 108 Issue 1179, p21
Presents a round-up of business news in Great Britain from September 18 to October 15, 1991. Recession; Inflation; Telecommunication; Retail; Insurance; Banking; Vehicles; Engineering; Construction; British Aerospace.
- Delivery problems? Blyth, Alex // Accountancy;Jul2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1331, p34
Discusses the role of the British Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in supporting British companies. Objectives of the DTI in ensuring the competitiveness of the broadband market; Benefits of launching its Manufacturing Strategy and the Manufacturing Advisory Service; Estimated budget for...