Employment law checklist
- Labor law. // Reporter;Mar90, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on labor law in the United States, highlighting the Supreme Court's ruling in the case of Price Waterhouse v. Hopkins, 109. Ct. 1775, 49 F.E.P. Cases 954 (1989), involving a Title VII plaintiff who establishes both legitimate and illegitimate motives in a contested employment decision. ...
- Waiver of discrimination claims upheld. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Nov96, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p17
Presents cases of labor law pertaining to supervisors in the United States. Upholding of the waiver of discrimination claims by the Supreme Court in the case of `Spink versus Lockheed Corp.'; Firing of an employee for lying about hitting a co-employee; Improper suspension of an employee by a...
- Union-free statements in employee handbooks. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Mar90, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on labor-related cases of interest to industrial supervisors. Union-free statements in employee handbooks; Reporting of absences to a leadperson instead of a supervisor; Double jeopardy in discipline cases.
- The law at work. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct96, Vol. 119 Issue 10, p83
Presents information on several laws and rulings at work. Supreme Court's ruling in the National Football League (NFL) players case, Brown versus Pro Football Incorporated; Supreme Court decisions which extended important First Amendment protections to independent contractors.
- Performance appraisals can be a weapon for employees. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Mar97, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p17
Presents several cases related with the labor laws in the United States. Cases pertaining to employees' performance appraisal; Provisions of the Civil Rights Acts; Regulations of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Recent legal decisions affect you. Barlow, Wayne E.; Hatch, D. Diane // Personnel Journal;Dec96, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p86
Presents various legal cases and issues involving employees and employers. Includes the affirmation of the dismissal of Mary Jo Krauel's Americans with Disabilities Act and Pregnancy Discrimination Act claims against Iowa Methodist Medical Center; Approval of the preliminary injunction for the...
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;6/11/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on developments in employment case law in the United Kingdom as of June 1998. Details on `O'Neil v Symm and Co. Ltd.' and `Morse v Wiltshire County Council' cases.
- Employee's attack on supervisor. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Sep94, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p17
Presents a case of an employee who committed violent actions directed against his supervisor. Claim of the employee about being harassed by supervisor with poor work schedules and assignments; Suspension and discharge of the employee; Grievances filed by the employee; Labor law favoring the...
- Employee's misconduct. // Supervision;Sep94, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p18
Reports on a lawsuit filed by a 62-year-old employee against her company under the Age Discrimination Act (ADEA). Claim of unjust termination due to her age; Employee's confession about removing and copying confidential company documents; Labor law on after-acquired evidence.