It pays to be aware of the subtle inequalities
- Oh yeah? Well assess this... McCue, Dan // Oregon Business Magazine;Feb98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p34
Opinion. Discusses experiences faced by a job seeker whilst at an assessment center to be evaluated for an open position as a journalists. Details on what occurred during this assessment; Background information on assessment centers.
- The assessment center: Reducing interassessor influence. Lowry, Phillip E. // Public Personnel Management;Spring91, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p19
Reports findings concerning interassessor influence in four assessment centers in the United States. Use of the assessment center process; Measuring assessor influence on the consensus decision; Discriminating power of assessment centers.
- Management training. Weston, Sue // NZ Business;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p43
Focuses on companies' fine-tuning of management development and training programs to meet the needs of both organizations and individuals. Company's desire for internal focus in training; Interest by individuals in external recognition for training; Information exchange. INSETS: Working with...
- Testing times. Burn, Alyson // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec98, Issue 12, p16
Offers advice on how to succeed at assessment and selection centers, maximizing the chances of getting a better job. Overview of what is being assessed; Typical tests or methods of assessment; How to prepare for the tests; How to turn the assessment center to one's advantage.
- Group assessments produce better hires. McDaniel, Lisa // HRMagazine;May95, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p72
Focuses on the use of an assessment center in hiring for high-level management jobs. Effects of mistakes in hiring; Limitations of interviews and reference checking; Advantages and drawbacks of setting up an assessment center; Case study.
- Appendix A: Managerial Assessment. // Accidental Manager;2004, p167
An assessment profile for determining successful managers is presented.
- Assessment Centers: The Latest Fad? Yager, Ed // Training & Development Journal;Jan1976, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p41
Focuses on the growth of assessment centers in the U.S. Interest in evaluation techniques in training and human resource development; Establishment of assessment centers.
- Model for an International Management Development Program. Howard, Cecil G. // Training & Development Journal;Sep72, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p20
Details a model for an international management development program. Program objectives; Environmental aspects of the program model; Factors that aggravate management training needs addressed by the program model.
- DOES PRIOR EXPERIENCE AFFECT ASSESSMENT CENTER SCORES? Yeager, Samuel J. // Public Administration Quarterly;Winter87, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p445
Investigates the effect of prior experience in an assessment center on performance in a subsequent center. Performance of candidates with or without prior assessment center experience; Differences occurring at the skill dimension level.