A fine line between fair choice and illegal bias
- Assessing Defense Styles: Factor Structure and Psychometric Properties of the New Defense Style Questionnaire 60 (DSQ-60). Thygesen, Kylie Louise; Deapeau, Martin; Trijsburg, Rutger Willem; Lecours, Serge; De Roten, Yves // International Journal of Psychology & Psychological Therapy;2008, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p171
The Defense Style Questionnaire (DSQ) has undergone numerous revisions in an effort to improve reliability and validity. More recently, another version, the DSQ-60, was designed to be congruent with the DSM-IV. The present study examined the underlying structure of the DSQ-60 using both...
- PAPER #2 - Examining the Defense Style Questionnaire (DSQ40) in a Chronic Somatic Patients Sample: Psychometric Evaluation of Factors. BOULEANU, ELENA LUMINITA; MOSOIU, CORNELIU // Romanian Journal of Experimental Applied Psychology;2015 Special Issue, Vol. 6, p13
Problem Statement: In DSM-V the concept of defense mechanisms (DM) is dissapeared. Allthoe, there are many studies that shows that psychological defense takes two forms extensively discussed in the field of psychology - the defense mechanisms (DM) and coping strategies. Andrews, G., Pollock, C.,...
- Psychometric Properties in Bulgarian Adaptation of Lie Scale From M. Bond's Defense Styles Questionnaire. Stoyanova, Stanislava; Savova, Silviya; Ivantchev, Nikolay // Psychological Thought;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p140
This paper presents the results from the Bulgarian adaptation of Lie Scale from M. Bond's questionnaire measuring defense styles and defense mechanisms. 994 subjects between 15 and 56 years participated in the study. All items had an optimal difficulty, and good discriminative power. The factor...
- Contribution of Defensive Functioning to the Quality of Working Alliance and Psychotherapy Outcome. Hersoug, Anne Grete; Sexton, Harold C.; Hoglend, Per // American Journal of Psychotherapy;2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p539
We analyzed whether defense mechanisms changed and/or predicted outcome during brief dynamic psychotherapy (N=43, max 40 sessions, Norwegian Multisite Study on Process and Outcome of Psychotherapy). Defenses were rated with the Defense Mechanism Rating Scales (DMRS, clinician-rated) and Defense...
- Safeguarding Tendencies: Implications for the Counseling Process. Clark, Arthur J. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Summer2000, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p192
Discusses safeguarding tendencies and a stage model for modifying maladaptive patterns in the counseling process. Strategies for establishing exploratory conditions for understanding client safeguarding tendencies; Control of habitual patterns of safeguarding tendencies; Establishment of...
- Denial for wellness. // Ardell Wellness Report;Summer95, Issue 39, p3
Gives several views on denial as a defense mechanism to assuage tragedy. Jone Johnson on the difference between denial and faith; Study on denial done of families with children dying of cancer; Selective employment of denial.
- Fresh Look at BMD. Taverna, Michael A.; Nativi, Andy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/31/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 13, p54
Focuses on the efforts of European countries to develop their defense against ballistic missile threats posed by some states. Approval of a study by North Atlantic Treaty Organization to investigate the system's capability for its defense from missile attacks; Launch of a program by France to...
- Localizing sequential effects in serial choice reaction time with the information reduction... Soetens, Eric // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Human Perception & Performan;Apr98, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p547
Presents a study to localize the processing mechanisms, automatic affiliation and subject expectancy, depending on level of response-to-stimulus interval and stimulus-response compatibility. Methodology used to conduct study; Indication of findings; Discussion on results.
- Defense mechanisms in alexithymia. Bogutyn, Tomasz; Kokoszka, Andrzej // Psychological Reports;Feb99, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p183
Examines correlations between scores on alexithymia and defense mechanisms with recent versions of reliable measurement tools in a relatively well defined nonclinical sample. Definition of alexithymia; Association of alexithymia with immature ego defenses.