- Disability: Are you doing enough? Ryley, Michael // Director (00123242);Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the Disability Discrimination Bill, a new law on the employment of disabled people in Great Britain which will come into effect in 1996. Employment aspects covered by the bill; Efforts by the National Disability Council to educate the public about the bill.
- Sources of ADA information. E.E.S. // Inc.;Jan92, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p99
Details the Americans with Disabilities Act Services, the ADA enforcement arm, creates the rules and regulations and develops materials to help people comply with the act. Employment-related aspects of the act; More information and associations that provide assistance understanding the...
- Disabled-employment law concerns labor experts. Collins, John; Maldonado, Jose // Caribbean Business;2/6/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p10
Cites the concern aired by labor law experts in Puerto Rico over certain provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunities Law for the Handicapped. Conflict of law with federal law; Provisions under the law being objected to by the experts; Recommendation for review and overhaul of the law;...
- Executive Order 13164 - Requiring Federal Agencies To Establish Procedures To Facilitate the Provision of Reasonable Accommodation. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/31/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p1687
Presents the text of an executive order issued by United States President Bill Clinton, on July 26, 2000, which requires federal agencies to establish procedures to facilitate the provision of employment accommodation for people with disabilities.
- Looking for trouble? Segal, Jonathan A. // HR Magazine;Jul97, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p76
Focuses on Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which took effect in 1992 with the purpose of requiring employers to focus on individuals' abilities and not their disabilities. Applications for employment; Applications during the interview stage; Preemployment physicals; Discipline and...
- Precis. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan2003, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p42
Presents information on amendments in the 1990 Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) for employment of persons with disabilities in the U.S. Observance of an insignificant change in the employment status of the disabled after the enforcement of ADA; Definitions of the term disability.
- Denkschrift Ã¼ber die Koordinierung und DurchfÃ¼hrung von MaÃŸnahmen zur Eingliederung oder Wiedereingliederung Behinderter in Arbeit, Beruf und Gesellschaft. // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Sozialreform;mar1969, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p173
This article presents a draft of a law on the coordination and implementation of measures to integrate or rehabilitate people with disabilities into the work force and society in West Germany.
- Sketch. Pearce, Edward // New Statesman & Society;3/31/95, Vol. 8 Issue 346, p15
Comments on legislative hearings on the proposed Disability Discrimination Bill in Great Britain. Exclusion clause making discrimination against disabled people lawful in factories with 20 or fewer hands; Voting results on the proposed clause.
- Will new disability law handicap employers? Williams, Audrey // People Management;5/16/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p48
Looks at the Disability Discrimination Act of 1995 in Great Britain which focus on the considerations to be taken into account by employers tackling long-term ill-health employees. Effect of the law on employers; Definition of disability in the Act; Situations wherein the Act is applicable.
- New protection for disabled job seekers. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the equality bill aimed at protecting disabled job seekers by restricting the use of health or disability questionnaires by employers during the recruitment process in Great Britain.