In the line of fire
- HR projects on the right track. Bee, Frances; Farmer, Paul // People Management;8/10/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p28
Describes how a study that started life as a simple training evaluation scheme became an exercise in helping the management of change at the London Underground in London, England. Aim of the study; Key results of the study; Major issue resulted from the wide mix of delegates in terms of...
- Union bosses call for CSCS cards on all Tube contracts. Prior, Grant // Contract Journal;3/19/2008, Vol. 442 Issue 6667, p16
The article reports that UNION leaders are demanding that London Underground construction workers must have CSCS skills cards to work on the Tube network. The call comes as the collapsed PPP operator Metronet faces allegations of unqualified companies carrying out electrical work and a police...
- Driverless Underground trains for London? // Modern Railways;Sep2012, Vol. 70 Issue 768, p64
The article examines the possibility of driverless underground trains for London, England. A driverless London Underground train ran between Chigwell and Grange Hill via Hainault while being observed by British Ministry of Transport officials. Information is also presented on the original...
- LU sets patronage record. // Rail Business Intelligence;6/16/2005, Issue 247, p10
Reports on the financial performance of London Underground (LU) in London, England for the fiscal year 2004 to 2005. Information on a ridership record set by the company for the period; Increase in service operation of LU compared with the fiscal year 2003 to 2004; Challenges facing the company.
- All aboard the night train. berkin, chris // Estates Gazette;7/11/2015, Issue 851, p03
The article discusses the importance of a timetable for the London Underground's Tube train service to ensure that London, England maintain its position as a leading global city. Topics discussed include the service to initially operate across the Victoria, Cebtral, Northern, Piccadilly and...
- Forward-looking railway steams on. // Modern Railways;Feb2013, Vol. 70 Issue 773, p3
The article describes the celebration of 150th anniversary of the rapid transit system London Underground. It mentions that a 150-year-old, meticulously restored steam train LU150 was made to take a celebratory run to mark the 150th anniversary of the London Underground. The train began its...
- Underground title gears up for launch after trial success. // Marketing Week;5/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p13
Reports the launching of the direct mail magazine tube from the London Underground in Great Britain. Need for sponsorship partners and advertising; Features of the magazine; Issues being discussed.
- Olympia cut. // Rail Business Intelligence;10/6/2011, Issue 399, p4
The article informs that London Underground Ltd. will withdraw its weekday railroads services to Kensington (Olympia) after the introduction of new District Line timetable in December 2011 in London, England.
- In brief. // Public Finance;6/14/2002, p8
Presents news briefs on several issues in Great Britain as of June 2002. Initiation of legal proceedings on the public-private partnership for London Underground; Failure of ambulance trusts to reach a percentage of life-threatening calls in eight minutes; Proposal on the restriction of legal...