- How good ideas become bad ideas. Samuelson, Robert J. // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p12
Looks at the concept of management. What it does; Management methods; Why good ideas become bad ideas.
- 360 feedback can change your life. O'Reilly, Brian // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/17/94, Issue 42, Fortune p2
Focuses on 360-degree feedback or multi-rater assessment. Benefits of feedback; Differences between manager's self-assessments and their co-workers' conclusions about them; Examples of feedback programs.
- Assessing the value of management. Koehn, David J. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Winter90, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p23
Presents guidelines in evaluating the value of management in military comptrollership functions. Importance of understanding an organizational effectiveness survey; Strategy for presenting and planning evaluation outcome; Emphasis on constructive criticism in making evaluations.
- Exposing out-of-date ideals that culture gurus hold dear. Baillie, John // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p47
Examines human resources management fads in Great Britain. Evaluation of the report by Mick Marchington in `Employee Relation' Volume 17; Relevance of corporate cultural change to organizations in Britain in the 1990s.
- Why Dullard banks stay that way. // U.S. Banker;Mar96, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p8
Looks at the secret of running a low-cost, highly efficient banking organization. Findings of study conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- The short-term orientation of American Managers... Bruce, Grady D. // Business Horizons;May/Jun91, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the survey last 1988 which described the conventional wisdom that American business is too short-term oriented. Information about the respondents used in the survey; One evidence that American business is to short term oriented; Testing of the short-term profit orientation of American...
- Balancing act. // Secretary;Jan96, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p5
States that an administrative assistant should possess the skill to handle several assignments from more than one supervisor. Views by managers; Survey conducted by Office Team, a national staffing service.
- Eat or be Eaten. Denton, D. Keith // Industrial Management;May/Jun99, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p20
Examines how companies should compare themselves to their true competitors or risk failure. Views on Federal Express and the Cadillac division of General Motors' managerial approach; Fujitsu's winning approach; Conclusion.
- What backlash? Kindel, Stephen // FW;9/28/93, Vol. 162 Issue 19, p46
Examines the status of the quality movement in American companies. Discouraging reports; Doubts on quality management and benchmarking; Factors for decline in Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award applications; European community requirement for ISO 9000 certification.