- Row escalates as CoSteel digs in over recognition. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p10
Reports that CoSteel Sheerness has no intention of reviewing industrial relations practices at the Kent foundry. Demands of the Iron and Steel Trades Confederation to CoSteel; Comments from Hugh Billot, personnel director at CoSteel; Information on investigation into the employment practices of...
- Business alloys. Billot, Hugh // People Management;10/10/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p38
Explains why CoSteel Sheerness aroused the wrath of the ILO through derecognising its unions and describes its dramatic improvement in business efficiency. Condition of United Kingdom businesses in 1990s; Principles behind the strategy of CoSteel; Performance trends and benefits of the strategy...
- CoSteel ruling imminent. // People Management;3/19/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p12
Reports that an industrial tribunal will rule on whether CoSteel Sheerness has unfairly dismissed Joe Davey, the plant's former union branch secretary.
- CoSteel faces health and safety inquiry. Overell, Stephen // People Management;2/20/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p7
Reports that pay systems that allegedly link accident rates to bonuses at CoSteel Sheerness are being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Contents of the documents passed to the HSE; Scope of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974; Billot's reaction about the moved of the...
- Minister refuses to meet with CoSteel management. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;11/26/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p9
Reports on the refusal of Britain's Trade and Industry Minister Ian McCartney to meet with the managers at CoSteel Sheerness. Reason for the move; Discussion on the minestrial rebuff which came after a series of full public relations disasters for the company; Comments on McCartney's move.
- Controversial injury policy given all clear. Overell, Stephen // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p12
Reports that the British Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has decided not to prosecute CoSteel Sheerness over complaints about how the company manages industrial accidents. Contents of the HSE letter to the Iron and Steel Trades Confederation with regards to the issue; Details on the policy of...