- Chapter 5: Management Competencies and Styles. Scott, Jonathan T. // Concise Handbook of Management: A Practitioner's Approach;2005, p35
Chapter 5 of the book "The Concise Handbook of Management: A Practitioner's Approach" is presented. Good managers can be competent if they focus on the ability to get the most from employees and the needs and wants of customers. The two categories of competencies in management are general...
- Charles Handy sees the future. Rapoport, Carla // Fortune;10/31/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p155
Profiles the management philosopher, Charles Handy, 62. Popularity and success of his books--`The Age of Unreason'(1989) and `The Age of Paradox'(1994); Family life; Career background; His unconventional view of the future, known as `upside-down thinking'; His prediction that Western capitalism...
- The world according to Charles. Grant., Ian F // NZ Business;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p11
Profiles business philosopher Charles Handy in New Zealand. Views on the status of entrepreneurial self employed businessmen; Job responsibilities of Handy; Success of the book 'The Elephant and the Flea,' by Handy.
- Charles Handy sees the future. Rapaport, Carla // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/13/95, Issue 6, p60
Features Charles Handy, the Irish-born author of books on organizations and management. Books authored by Handy; Personal life; Approach to giving consultation to corporate clients; Views on issues concerning management, employment and organizations; Predictions concerning management and...
- A life worth living. Watts, Patti // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jul/Aug94, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p44
Features husband and wife Charles and Elizabeth Handy. Creation of a new framework to encompass all the pieces of life; Need for a new plan; Means of becoming a portfolio person; Ideas in action. INSET: How to maintain a balance..
- Editorial. Rock, Stuart // Director (00123242);Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p13
Editorial. Focuses on readers' interest in the Charles Handy's columns in the `Director' magazine. Praises for Handy's moral values.
- Not drowning, but waving. // Marketing Week;9/26/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p31
Focuses on issues discussed by part-time management advisor Charles Handy at a conference The Marketing Forum held in the third week of September 2002 at Oriana ship. Subjects informally covered by everyone else on the boat; Significance of reality marketing for the forum; Contact information...
- Of mice and mega. Connolly, John // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/4/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6061, p40
Discusses the future of large companies in Australia. Consultant Charles Handy; His new book `Beyond Certainty'; Comments from Handy; Creation of wealth as a company's reason for existence; Opportunities for small groups; Breaking down large companies.
- UK should learn from Japanese. // Accountancy;Jun91, Vol. 107 Issue 1174, p15
Highlights the views of Charles Handy of the London Business School in England concerning the need for chartered accountants to change the face of business in the country. Call for reforms in describing assets and value of companies; Disadvantages of treating companies as property of...