People and posts
- Sugaring the pill. Arkin, Anat // People Management;8/10/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p26
Presents the challenges faced by Glaxo-Wellcome pharmaceutical on its reorganization. Uncertainty about job prospects among the workforce; Development of new policies; Career of Gerrit Aronson in Glaxo-Wellcome as head of the human resources group.
- Pharmaceuticals. // Accountancy;Apr93, Vol. 111 Issue 1196, p28
Presents updates on pharmaceutical firms in Great Britain as of April 1993. Corporate profits posted by Glaxo, SmithKline Beecham and Fisons in 1992; Reason for the resignation of Ernest Mario as chief executive and deputy chairman of Glaxo.
- Glaxo Wellcome job cuts. // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Glaxo Wellcome will shed 7,500 jobs worldwide or more than 11% of its staff following Glaxo's acquisition of Wellcome. Cost of integration.
- Pharmacists prefer Glaxo. // Drug Topics;2/19/96, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the ranking of Glaxo Wellcome in Scott-Levin's survey on popular sales representatives of drug manufacturers.
- Glaxo Wellcome Implements Direct-Purchase Plan. // DRIP Investor;Jun2000, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p2
Reports the implementation of direct-purchase plan by Glaxo Wellcome Pharmaceutical Company in Great Britain. Minimum initial investment in the Yahoo plan; Availability of the automatic monthly investment services; Expansion plan of Glaxo Wellcome.
- FDA approves use of antiseizure medication to control epilepsy. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/01/99-02/08/99, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the United States Food & Drug Administration's approval of Glaxo Wellcome PLC's antiseizure drug Lamictal for an expanded use in the treatment of epilepsy. Previous availability of the drug.
- Review is tough to stomach. // Adweek Eastern Edition;4/28/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p3
Reports on Glaxo Wellcome PLC's `overdetailed' questionnaire presented to advertising agencies participating in the review of Glaxo's consolidated media planning and buying account.
- Glaxo Wellcome to increase sales force. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;5/1/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p13
Reports on the increases of Glaxo Wellcome's distribution and service operations' sales force in Puerto Rico. Profitability of the company from the island's prescription drug market; Investments for research and development; Company's short-term objectives; Popularity of the company's GG167...
- Contenders emerge for Glaxo media. Osterman, Jim; McMains, Andrew // Adweek Western Edition;12/14/98, Vol. 48 Issue 50, p50
Reports on Glaxo Wellcome's search for shops and advertising agencies for its media planning and buying account. Move as part of the company's effort to consolidate its accounts and realize efficiencies; Prescription drugs hosted by the company.