Mavericks take conventional wisdom apart
- MAVERICK! Vaid, Bharat // Global Management Review;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p96
The article reviews the book "Maverick!" by Ricardo Semler.
- A better way of working? // Works Management;Jun2003, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p9
Reviews the book 'The Seven-Day Weekend,' by Ricardo Semler.
- The constant questioner. James, David // BRW;2/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p45
The article discusses Semco CEO Ricardo Semler's management style for the Brazil-based company. Semco has an unorthodox structure, where hierarchy is unimportant and creativity and questioning are encouraged. Semler implements a business structure or mode of work that permits the company to...
- FREE RIDE? Howe, David J. // CIO Insight;Jun2004, Issue 40, p16
A letter from David J. Howe, founder of the Acupoll Research Inc., was presented. Howe comments on the author, Ricardo Semler's article titled "Set Them Free," puiblished in the April 2004 issue of the journal "CIOINSIGHT." Howe wondered if Ricardo Semler lets employees discipline each other....
- (Re) Thinking. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Jun2004, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the business management recommendations of Ricardo Semler in his book "The Seven-Day Weekend: Changing the Way Work Works." Observations of Semler on business people; Example of business management strategy employed by Semler; Overview of the book.
- Made In Brazil. // Music Trades;May2014, Vol. 162 Issue 4, p98
The article focuses on the business strategies adopted by Brazilian entrepreneur Ricardo Semler in managing the growth and business of the music retail company Made In Brazil in the U.S. Topics discussed include views of the company's international sales manager Eduardo Cabral on the...
- The Anti-CEO. Vogl, A. J. // Across the Board;May/Jun2004, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p30
Interviews Ricardo Semler, head of the Brazilian firm Semco. Examples of policies and programs at Semco; Corporate profile; Impact of corporate size on the future of the firm.
- Who needs bosses? Semler, Ricardo // Across the Board;Feb1994, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p23
Gives a narrative of Ricardo Semler's Semco Inc. management. Conditions of tradition in company; Change in workplace conditions; Absence of receptionists; Advocation of self-sufficiency; Experiment with participative management.
- Top Coverage. Bento, Regina F. // BizEd;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p8
Presents a letter to the editor on Ricardo Semler.