Blueprint for involvement proves elusive
- Spreading the news. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr97, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p40
Reports on European Commissioner Padraig Flynn's launch of a mobile unit called Epic Roadshow that will travel Ireland to offer information on the European Union (EU).
- Year against racism. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct96, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the European commissioner Padraig Flynn's declaration of 1997 as the `European Year Against Racism' in line with the Council of Ministers' agreement.
- TUC leader warns of privatisation battles on eve of annual Congress. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;9/6/2002, p6
Reports on the opposition of John Monks, Secretary General of the British Trades Union Congress to the privatization of public services. Dissatisfaction with the government's privatization policy; Criticisms on the government's Private Finance Initiative.
- Out of the shadows into the fray. Milne, Kirsty // New Statesman & Society;5/7/93, Vol. 6 Issue 251, p12
Evaluates John Monks as the next Trade Union Congress head. Wage councils to be swept away by Trade Union Reform and Employment Rights Bill; Unionizing low-paid workers and part-time workers; Towards big super-unions; Lobbying Tory backbenchers and peers on the Trade Union Bill; Decline of the...
- Alternatives to university for young people. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;10272014, Issue 137, p19
The article discusses member of the House of Lords John Monks also known as Lord Monks taking note of improved alternatives and poor apprenticeship recruitment levels for young people who are not attending university in Great Britain.
- Shaping up for the millennium. Allen, Michael // New Statesman;09/11/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4402, pX
Reports that trade unions in Great Britain are adapting structures, outlook and services to take on the 21st century world of work. Highlights of the 1998 annual congress of the Trade Unions Congress; Organization and innovative management techniques taken by the unions; Influence of TUC...
- Unhealthy draft. Morton, Clive // People Management;11/26/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p29
Argues that the European Commission's (EU) proposals to extend works councils to all firms with more than 50 employees may not strengthen good employment relationships. Implication of the proposals; Information on the proposal of Padraig Flynn, the EU social affairs commissioner; Details on the...
- Now is the winter of our pension discontent, warns of TUC chief Monks. // Money Marketing;9/5/2002, p76
Forecasts industrial strife over pensions by Trade Union Congress general secretary John Monks in England. Support of Monks on militant action on pension issue; Demand for prioritization of pensions by the government; Criticisms of Monks to employers on contribution schemes.
- The union perspective. Monks, John // People Management;5/31/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p15
Presents the opinion of John Monks of the TUC, regarding the things that he would like to see on personnel management from the next government that will be elected in Great Britain. Initial salary rate of British workers; Reason the workforce needs a better work-life balance.