Lean speakers preach `small is beautiful'
- SOUNDBITES. // People Management;5/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p17
The article presents quotes from notable people in Great Britain who are engaged in people management. John Purcell, a former professor of human resource management at the University of Bath, associates strategy with implementation. Kevan Hall, chief executive officer of Global Integration,...
- HR column Only connect. WAIN, DANIEL // People Management;1/13/2011, p13
The author emphasizes the need to strengthen the connection between human resources (HR) and other business stakeholders. He believes that business impact is less on title, position or reporting line than mindset, influence and skills. He comments on the key findings of study conducted by John...
- A pillar of the post. // Director (00123242);Aug95, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p66
Features Bill Cockburn, chief executive of the British Post Office. Includes greatest influence; Best and worst decision; Management philosophy.
- Bill Cockburn. Davidson, Andrew // Management Today;Dec1996, p56
Profiles Bill Cockburn, president of the W H Smith Group. Age; Employment history; Birthdate and birthplace; Educational background; family; Efforts of Cockburn to rejuvenate the flagging finances of the company; Attitude to business; Views of various people on the personality of Cockburn.
- The Boardroom Players. Hall, Amanda // Campaign;09/25/98, Issue 39, p36
Profiles Bill Cockburn, the managing director of British Telecommunications company. Background information on Cockburn; Comments from Cockburn. INSET: The Cockburn file.
- Strategy and Human Resource Management. Plumb, Barry // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Summer2008, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p574
The article reviews the book " Strategy and Human Resource Management," 2nd edition, by Peter Boxall and John Purcell.
- Strategy and Human Resource Management (Book). Wright, Patrick M. // ILR Review;Oct2003, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p145
The article reviews the book "Strategy and Human Resource Management," By Peter Boxall and John Purcell.
- Strategy and Human Resource Management. Toulson, Paul // Human Resources Magazine;Apr/May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p4
The article reviews the book "Strategy and Human Resource Management," 3rd edition, by Peter Boxall and John Purcell.
- By royal appointment. Arkin, Anat // People Management;12/18/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p32
Presents the suggestions of several human resources practitioners on how the Buckingham Palace in London, England could improve their people management practices. John Purcell, professor of human resources management at the University of Bath's school of management in England, on the key to...