Employers urged to bridge credibility gap
- Finding job security. // Christian Science Monitor;2/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 48, p17
Narrates the author's personal experiences of support and security from reading the Bible during personal upheavals.
- Job dependence as a moderator of effects of job threat on employees' job insecurity and performance. Orpen, Christopher // Psychological Reports;Apr93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p449
Examines the effect of job dependence on the relationships of objective job threat to job insecurity and performance of 135 employees of a small Australian manufacturer. Operational definitions; Practical implications.
- Market conditions and job tenure: A retrospective study. Melamed, Tuvia // Psychological Reports;Feb93, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p87
Examines the relationships between unemployment rates and employees' tenure. Collection of tenure records for 177 direct-care staff; Link between perceived market conditions and turnover; Method; Measures of labor market conditions and tenure; Results; Discussion.
- Influence of job security and compensation policies on rated perceptions of future job applicants. Wagar, Terry H. // Psychological Reports;Feb93, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p167
Examines the influence of job security and compensation policies, expressed in written scenarios, on future job applicants' ratings. Company policy relating to job security; Results; Discussion; More.
- Council gives staff three days' pay to wait for lift. // Personnel Today;9/8/2009, p2
The article reports on the compensation given by the Rochdale Council to its staff for the time spent waiting for the lift and also includes a quote from employee relations adviser Mike Emmott on public sector recruitments.
- Workers shun holidays. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;1/10/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p13
Presents information on the research conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on self-confessed workaholics in Great Britain. Remarks from CIPD adviser on employee relations Mike Emmott; Results of the survey.
- VIEWPOINT. // Employers Law;Dec2007, p11
The article relates several views on the proposed extension of flexible working rights in Great Britain. Helen Goodyear, president-elect of Medical Women's Federation, thinks that the old-fashioned models of working is no longer applicable to the current workforce. Matthew Knowles, deputy head...
- Today's workers fear for their jobs. // Secretary;May95, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the results of the survey by Robert Half International which showed that job security was the most the stressful issue for employees in the United States. Reason for the attitude; Comment by Max Messmer, chairman and chief executive officer of the company.
- Corporations must bear the blame for killing the American Dream. Reich, Robert B. // USA Today Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 125 Issue 2616, p24
Considers the growing uncertainty in the workforce of the United States. Ramifications should too many people feel excluded from upside gains of a growing economy; Changes in the workforce rooted in a shift from the old mass-production system to a system supporting new information technologies;...