News & analysis
- Labor law for supervisors. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Mar96, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p17
Presents legal status examples of employees who are chronically absent or late. Suspension of a chronically late United States Army employee; Obligation of a company to accommodate an employee's undisclosed disability; Allegation of defamation and negligent infliction of emotional distress.
- The Politics of Child Labour in Indonesia: Global Trends and Domestic Policy. Bessell, Sharon // Pacific Affairs;Fall99, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p353
Focuses on legislative and policy responses to child labor in Indonesia. Major trends in international discourse on child labor; Evolution of child labor policy in Indonesia; Child labor laws from 1945-1965; Details on the Ministerial Regulation of 1987.
- Child labor law on hold. // Wallaces Farmer;Apr2012, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p38
The article focuses on the issue related to child labor law.
- Editorial Preface. DAVIES, PAUL // Industrial Law Journal;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p289
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including success of Industrial Law Society, labor law, and international labor law.
- Put your house in order. Temperton, Ellen // People Management;12/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the issue of employers' responsibility with respect to the increasing number of people who are working at home in Europe. Framework agreement the European Union is developing for homeworkers; Provisions of legislation in Great Britain covering homeworkers; Requirements imposed on...
- Labor Tidbits. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Jan71, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p16
Cites the ability of youngsters to do certain kinds of work under the provision of the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Recent Legal Decisions Affect You. // Workforce;May97, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p102
Discusses legal insights on several labor issues in the U.S. as of May 1997. Right of employees to sue their previous employers under title VII provisions; Details on the case of a job applicant against Wal-Mart company; Provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Courtroom round-up. Aikin, Olga // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p41
Shares the rulings on the cases involving employees in Great Britain. Case which deals with the employer's power to dismiss the employee whose conduct is at fault; How collective agreements may fix the normal terms of employment for the employees; Unfair dismissal claim against Danzas Limited.
- Honesty is the best policy when making redundancies. Watkins, Gill // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p49
Analyzes the developments in case and statutes law in Great Britain about redundancy selection criteria. Effects of court decisions about assessment forms being disclosed; How disclosure rules apply to redundancy procedures; Limit of employers retaining confidentiality; Rights of employees in...