Stopping disaster from ruining lives
- Charity puts its faith in personnel. Decks, Emma // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p14
Deals with the issue of human resource (HR) management at the British Red Cross (BRC). Aims of BRC director-general Sam Younger; Strength of the organization; Information on voluntary-sector organizations.
- Charity revamps payroll IT. // Employee Benefits;Jan2006, p08
The article reports that Red Cross has rolled out a human resources and payroll system to monitor its different workforce of paid and volunteer staff in Great Britain. It has set up Oracle PeopleSoft technology to address the intricate deployment of its staff worldwide. Red Cross has staff in...
- QNU's campaign for a safe blood supply goes public. // Queensland Nurse;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p17
The article focuses on a campaign by the Queensland Nurses' Union (QNU) in December 2013 regarding the role of nursing in maintaining a safe blood supply and also seeks a story concerning the Queensland government's cuts to public health services and jobs. Topics discussed include a report by...
- Australian Red Cross. SCOTT, RICHARD // Money (Australia Edition);Nov2010, Issue 129, p46
The article offers information on the Australian Red Cross, a part of a worldwide network which helps people in need.
- Red Cross campaign. // Editor & Publisher;3/18/95, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p6
Calls for the participation of newspapers in the United States to Red Cross' public awareness campaign for 1995. Agreement of several corporations to sponsor the organization's advertising campaign; Lack of success of Red Cross' advertisements in media other than newspaper.
- Chinese Red Cross visit. // Chinatown News;6/3/94, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p34
Reports that a delegation from the Shanghai Red Cross Society (SRC) recently journey to meet with its North American counterparts in the hope of gaining more insights into Canadian health care. Actions of the Canadian Red Cross (CRC).
- Red Cross seeks leaders. // Chinatown News;6/18/94, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p22
Advises that the Fraser Region Red Cross is offering a Youth Leadership Camp to help young people develop leadership ability, valuable communication skills and international awareness. Location and dates of the British Columbia seminar; Fee; Issues that will be addressed; Contact point.
- Canada's transfusion terror. // Advocate;11/1/94, Issue 667, p19
Reports on the problems facing Canada's Red Cross Society after agency's former medical director, Raymond Guevin, testified at a public inquiry that the group is no longer competent to operate Canada's blood supply. Analysis of incidents that resulted in HIV-tainted products being placed in...
- Red Cross on track to wipe out $500K deficit. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the goal of the American Red Cross in Westchester County, New York to eliminate its deficit by June 30, 2003. Total amount raised by the organization from donations; Streamlining of its workforce; Red Cross' negotiation with vendors for reduced prices.