Orientating values with eastern ways
- Cross-cultural Differences in Management. Kawar, Tagreed Issa // International Journal of Business & Social Science;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p105
This research aims at studying cross-cultural differences in management. There are areas in management whereby differences towards attitudes, behaviours, functioning, communication issues and cultural implications can be seen. Cross-cultural differences stem from the different backgrounds of...
- THEY WERE WHITE, BLACK, AND HISPANIC--AND THE BEST OF FRIENDS. Lewin, Tamar // New York Times Upfront;02/05/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on a multicultural and multiracial friendship in Maplewood, New Jersey. Discussion of changing drifts in inter-racial friendships; Comparison between attitudes and inclinations; Effects of academic tracking on interracial relationships. INSETS: Family Ties;Mixed Doubles;Attitude...
- Communication is key to cross-cultural success. Raths, David // InfoWorld;11/8/99, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p83
Discusses the importance of communication in working with a team from different cultures, races and religious backgrounds. Key issues in cultural diversity; Challenges encountered in the diversity-training process.
- Goodwill toward men. // Christian Science Monitor;12/24/97, Vol. 90 Issue 21, p20
Opinion. Discusses the relationship between peace and goodwill. Why goodwill, which fosters cooperation and trust, is concomitant with peace; How goodwill appears to be absent in Bosnia; The challenge of changing ethnic attitudes; How goodwill allows peacemaking to germinate.
- The value in diversity. Edwards, Steven // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p16
Discusses the importance of diversity in business. Definition of diversity; Benefits for the accounting profession; History of diversity in Canada; Efforts to overcome stereotyping of employees; Diversity training programs; Costs in valuing diversity; Methods to measure the impact of diversity;...
- Dignity and respect for all. Pearlman, Shelley // CA Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p29
Discusses diversity training programs to enhance employee performance and awareness. Training objectives; Key issues addressed; Factors for a successful training program.
- Diversity marks Knudsen's. // Candy Industry;Jul98, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p68
Focuses on the employees of Knudsen's Candy in California comprising of people from diverse ethnic and social backgrounds. Observance of ethnic special events at the company; Goal for incorporating diversity by company officials.
- Diversity finds a truer hue. Collins, Clayton // Christian Science Monitor;11/13/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 247, p11
Discusses diversity in the workplace in the United States as of November 13, 2000.
- Corporate recruitment bias: A competitive disadvantage. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Dec1996/Jan1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p22
Criticizes recruitment biases and calls for greater diversity in employee hiring among companies in the United States. Need to conduct effective employment interviews; College placement and recruitment practices of the Rocky Mountain Association of Colleges and Employers; People's role in the...