Opportunity in the arts
- On board mythology. Thorn, George // Journal of Arts Management & Law;Summer90, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p51
Comments on the development of a fundraising and leadership board for nonprofit arts organizations. Information on changes to the operating environment of nonprofit organizations in the 1980s; Details on the role of the board; Identification of the factors affecting opinions of boards in the 1990s.
- Twelve voices from the field. // Journal of Arts Management & Law;Summer90, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p73
Presents the views of a number of individuals involved in the professional arts on the the board of trustees of arts institutions in 1990.
- Indemnification considerations for boards of trustees. Wry, Brann J. // Journal of Arts Management & Law;Summer90, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p25
Opinion. Comments on the value of volunteering to be on the board of directors of an arts institution. Information on the indemnification of voluntary directors or trustees of nonprofit arts organization; Details on the indemnification statutes of Delaware, New Jersey and New York; Discussion...
- HCCT unveils season lineup; elect board. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);6/15/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p12A
The article offers information on the theatrical production schedule of the Hill Country Community Theatre (HCCT) for the 2011-2012 season and the three members elected to the HCCT Board of Governors at its annual meeting in Burnet, Texas in June 2011.
- A New Art Form. // Journal of Business (10756124);2013 Downtown Supplement, p38
The article focuses on the creation of the Spokane Arts Fund in Spokane, Washington and mentions that it has been created with the partnership of the Spokane Arts Commission, the Spokane Public Facilities District (PFD) and the Downtown Spokane Partnership (DSP.
- AN UNUSUAL SCRATCH BOARD DRAWING. // American Artist: Art Instruction;Jul1938, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p1
The article offers information on scratch board technique in art featuring an image of a typewriter.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;12/2/1961, Vol. 37 Issue 42, p61
The article presents information on a drama consultant which was published at "Regina Leader-Post" in Regina, Saskatchewan. According to the report, the drama consultant has been at the Saskatchewan Arts Board for five years. However, she has bad professional theater experience in the U.S. A...
- Women's career prospects falter after time away. Merrick, Neil // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p8
Discusses the effect of career breaks taken by women to their career prospects. Social Focus on Women survey; Jobs that employ the largest number of women in Great Britain; Screening of women into traditionally male professions.
- Organizational Struggles of Working women in the Nineteenth Century. Gray, Barbara L. // Labor Studies Journal;Summer91, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
Discusses the struggles of working women in the nineteenth century. Women's demand for better working conditions and higher wages; Conflicts between women and men in the printing trade and suffragists; Formation of the Working Women's Association.