Tecs grasp chance to be strategic masters
- Networking Successfully. Riddle, Dorothy // International Trade Forum;1998, Issue 3, p13
Focuses on business networking. Steps in networking; Suggestions on developing staff's networking skills; Ideas for building and maintaining a strong network.
- BUSINESS CONNECTIONS. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;5/2/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p23
Presents a list of business activities which focus on Las Vegas' training companies in Nevada from May 2 to 6, 2005. Women's Chamber of Commerce New Member Forum; Business Network International Money Makers; Women in Networking.
- Four 'Imperatives' For Better Soliciting Ideas. // Credit Union Journal;6/14/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p22
The article offers information on the four imperatives, from the new report of Filene Research Institute, that are important for credit union leaders to do to solicit ideas from staff which includes spreading a wide net, soliciting ideas actively, and training of employees.
- Marketing Yourself as 'ME, INC.' McDermott, Lynda C. // Training & Development;Sep92, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p77
Discusses the career development and self marketing of managers. Reasons of middle managers for resisting marketing themselves; Factors to consider in strategic self marketing; Tips on networking. INSETS: Social Styles;The Art of Networking;Test Your 'ME, INC.' Marketabliity: A Checklist.
- Relaunched CUE Forum promotes sharing of good practice. // Technic: The Journal of Operating Department Practice;Mar2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the highlights of the Clinical and University Educators (CUE) Forum held at the Birmingham City University (BCU) in England in December 2012. The forum aims at facilitating sharing of good practice and ideas for the improvement of operating department practice (ODP)...
- Networking in the 21st Century -- don't get left behind! Butler, Lisa // Training & Development in Australia;Dec2008, p025
The article explains the concept of networking and the role of learning and development (L&D) practitioners in maximizing the networking advantage of people. It characterizes the three types of networking, namely, operational networking, strategic networking, and personal networking. L&D...
- The day of the worker is at hand. Ouellett, Russ // New Hampshire Business Review;3/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p25
The author reflects on the importance for professional employees to create a meaningful networks of contracts and opportunities in the U.S. He cites his own experience of being locked in a career without realizing the chances being missed out of taking responsibility on career development. The...
- Calendar. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/3/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p18
A calendar of events for business organizations in Michigan in 2009 is presented which includes the Business Leaders Linked to Encourage New Direction's evening of networking with community stakeholders, Social Media on the Move event by Women in Successful Enterprises, and the training and...
- Junior Japanese Studies Librarian Training Workshop Report & Survey Results. Takashi Rocha, Fabiano // Journal of East Asian Libraries;Oct2012, Issue 155, p45
Information about the Junior Japanese Studies Librarian Training Workshop which was held at the University of Toronto Libraries from March 12-13, 2012, is presented. A survey was conducted related to the workshop in which attendees mentioned that sessions should have allowed more active...