Hotels told to improve job image
- Education and Training Award. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/15/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4610, p42
The article reports on the Institute of Hospitality support for the education and Training Award for the development of skills and workforce capability of employees in the hospitality industry.
- Much is gained when employees are properly trained. Morris, Karen // Hotel Management (21582122);Mar2012, Vol. 227 Issue 3, p10
The article offers information on the importance of employees training which is the part of risk-reduction strategy in the hospitality industry.
- Take training to next level. Risley, Angie // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/4/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4229, p17
Talks about training in the hospitality industry. Information on the proposed Sector Skills Council for hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism; Importance of the role played by employers.
- Training for Hospitality. Herman, Francine A.; Eller, Martha E. // Training & Development;Sep91, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p55
Focuses on the importance of employee training in the hospitality industry. Problems facing the industry; Features of the partnership approach to training; Benefits provided by the partnership training approach to the industry.
- Stepping up when the sales people have left the building. Feiertag, Howard // Hotel Management (21582122);4/8/2013, Vol. 228 Issue 4, p10
The article offers the author's view regarding the importance of sales training to the employees of the hospitality industry.
- As Europe pipeline stagnates, Middle East's and Africa's takes a dip. Ford, Patrick "JP" // Hotel Management (21582122);May2013, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p14
The author offers suggestions for providing on the job training to employees in hospitality industry.
- Chat Room. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/16/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 18, p56
Presents answers to a question on the role of the Internet in employee training in the hospitality industry. Implication of Internet-based employee training for business management; Impact of the Internet on the delivery and speed of training; Account on the use of Internet-based centralized...
- Employee development programs attract loyal following. Falbo, Bridget // Hotel & Motel Management;03/15/99, Vol. 214 Issue 5, p41
Provides information on employee development programs of various hotels in the United States. Integration of employees of refugee or immigrant status at the Hilton Minneapolis and Towers; Addressing the personal needs of employees through personal development as strategy implemented by the...
- CHART confab focuses on `The Spirit of CHART: Leading to our Future'. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/12/99, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p72
Focuses on the 57th Council of Hotel and Restaurant Trainers (CHART) conference in Savannah, Georgia. Speakers and themes during the CHART congress; Interaction and sharing of training practices for CHART members and guests; Role of CHART in the hospitality industry; Dedication for the...