Worldwide trenchless research
- Growing good soil. Poncavage, J. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Dec89, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p42
Based on a five-year study at the Rodale Research Center in Maxatawny, Pa., discusses the cover crops that work best in a garden rotation. Includes growing tips, five-year rotation plan, and sources. INSET: Setting up a rotation..
- Machine tools. Gaskie, M. // Architectural Record;Oct1989, Vol. 177 Issue 12, p122
Describes the latest project by the IKOY Partnership, the William Davis Computer Research Center at the University of Waterloo, in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Design details.
- Plenty to celebrate. // Business News New Jersey;4/07/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the 10th anniversary the David Sarnoff Research Center in Princeton, New Jersey as a client-supported research and development facility. Adoption of a new high definition television standard; Unveiling of a new name and new corporate logo.
- A license to speak. MacLaury, Bruce k. // Brookings Review;Fall95, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p3
Opinion. Focuses on Brookings Institution as a think tank. Challenge to adapt to changing circumstances of public discourse without losing the core values that have defined its mission; Characterization of Brookings' researchers; Requirements for Brookings' researchers; Pursuance of research...
- NASA Lewis wants to propel its focus back on jet engines. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/25/94, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p3
Reports on a plan that will refocus the emphasis of National Aeronautics & Space Administration's Lewis Research Center on developing jet engine technology. Objective; Percentage of resources earmarked for jet engine technology development; Focus of NASA Lewis' space activities; Reaction of...
- Top 20 R&D facilities. Lasseter, Diana G. // Central New Jersey Business;1/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p14
Presents a chart listing the top 20 research and development facilities in central New Jersey based on the number of researchers.
- More than its own reward. B.-J.C. // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the US Sentencing Commission's new guidelines that were passed in November 1991. The Institute for Global Ethics; Stipulations of the guidelines; Commission chairman Judge William Wilkins.
- Wild about wildflowers. T.W. // Horticulture;Jun/Jul95, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the opening of the National Wildflower Research Center in Austin, Texas. Dedication of the center to research on all aspects of wildflowers; Development of the center of a propagation technique for bluebonnets, the state flower of Texas.
- The future lies in the fundamentals. // Inside Tucson Business;08/03/98, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p4
Editorial. Comments on the prospects for success of research center Biosphere 2 Center in Tucson, Arizona. Fundamental advantages Tucson, Arizona has for development over any other area; Promise for project to become an engine for change and development based on fundamentals.